Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 advice  (Read 4636 times)

Curlygirl

Femoston 1/10 advice
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:46:31 AM »

Hi All
I'm new on here, and need some reassurance please. I have been in perimenopause for nearly a year now, have been having a really rough time. A list of symptoms a mile long, but the most scary ones for me are my moods, practically psychotic at times, I'm not exaggerating! I think I'm going mad at times. I'm irritable 😡 angry, confused, have no patience with the most simple things and my poor partner and 5 yr old daughter think Mummy's lost it! I still was having regular periods, missed only 2 in the last year. They are very heavy but have always been like that and I have always had terrible Pms. I started femoston 1/10 7 weeks ago under the advise from my doctor. For the first four weeks everything seemed good, my first period started before the last 2 tablets of the pack were finished and it was very heavy! but the last two weeks have been horrendous! My moods are off the scale and I feel so bad. Can anyone advise if this is normal or had a similar experience and will it level out. I'm exhausted and a little scared 😳 thanks

Biker Chick

Re: Femoston 1/10 advice
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »

Hi Curlygirl just seen your post. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.You are not alone. Unfortunately I can't comment on the Femoston 1/10 as I'm not taking anything, I'm trying the herbal route to get me through this 'hell that is the menopause'!  I can however empathize with how you are feeling.I'm crying for England, my moods are all over and I, like you feel psychotic at times. I'm scaring myself not to mention my fella. I have such a short fuse at the moment and everything little thing can set me off. Maybe go back to your doctor and explain how you are feeling? Maybe other members will be able to advise regarding the Femoston. Sorry I can't be more help. I only found this Forum a few weeks ago but have found it really helpful. If you are having a bad day come and speak to us all, we are all in this quagmire together and we can all help each other. Look after yourself x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:05:18 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM curlygirl

The peri stage can be very challenging. Your hormones will be fluctuating and this can really ‘mess with your head'.  Unfortunately HRT can't fix everything and problems with pmt types symptoms are common When meno starts. Femoston has a kinder progesterone that suits many women very well but some women are very sensitive to any progesterone. I would stick with this HRT  to see if things settle over the next few weeks - it is still early days for you.
 If heavy bleeds are a real problem , then having a Mirena fitted and then having oestrogen as gel or patch alongside, might be a better alternative - this can often calm or even stop bleeding over time and less progesterone is absorbed systemically  ( there can be an initial hit for 2-4 months ) therefore less side effects.
HRT is trial and error. Some women need an AD/SRRI alongside HRT to help with mood as well.
Lastly, lifestyle changes can make a big difference. Diet and exercise are particularly important at this stage in our lives. Getting enough relaxation time is also crucial - I practise Mindfulness a great deal.
Keep us posted. DG x

LizzyD

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:13 AM »

Hi there curly girl,
I've only just seen your post too,

Nothing really to contribute of any practical use, but thought I'd send a hug!
I sympathise!

I have some occasions where I can almost see myself, as if I'm watching, behaving like a complete psychopath! I know I'm being out of control, and completely irrational, and really not a nice person at all, but am helpless to stop it😖. Fingers crossed that seems to be wearing off in recent months.........

I've no experience of that hrt either.  I've been on three different ones before the one I'm on now.....and it's helped me to read on this site that lots of people have tried many different things before finding one that works, and as our levels fluctuate and change what works for a while might not work in a while......

My periods were also very heavy, long and irregular, and just bloody exhausting when I first started hrt.  That was helped by the hrt.

I'll leave it to others more knowledgable to give you advise on how long to try things for, other regimes to try etc, but thought I'd send a hug and some sympathy!
It really helps to read and share on here!
Good luck x