Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3377 times)

jennyp25

« on: October 25, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »

Hi i am jen I am only 44 and new to HRT . i am so glad i have this to turn to .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:37 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask questions.

:welcomemm:

Meg

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 12:22:42 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Hope that you will find support from the posts.

Meg

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »

Hi jennyp25

Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about yourself such as where you are in menopause in relation to cycles and bleeding, and what sort of HRT you have been given? If you are going through an early menopause then it's good that you have been prescribed it. I hope it sorts out the symptoms you are being troubled with.

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

Hi jennyp25

Lanzalover x

jennyp25

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »

hi yes , i has hysterectomy at the age of 29, i was left one ovary there for didn't have HRT straight away. ive suffered with depression for 20 +  years so put mood swing down to that. but for over A year i have had hot flushes night sweats, and the last few mths trouble sleeping, after speaking to my GP she says i tick all the boxes for early menopause. so im on the evorel25 patch . i started on Monday, my GP says i should see improvement  in 3 weeks or so. i am not sure at the moment i'm still getting irritable then weepy . a mess really. to top it off im trying to loose weight and recently read on here that you can gain weight on HRT, im now anxious even more than before.

jennyp25

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »

Not doing too good this morning 😢irratble, tearful, just want do put duve over my head and stay there 😒it's been 5 days since I started the patch . Should I feel like this ? I am scared as my mental health is bad any way 😢😢

Mini1

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »

Hi
I've been on HRT for a week now and have also been told it can take a few weeks to work. I was hoping for fast results but unfortunately I don't think that's the case. Xx

Nasil41

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »

Hi jennyp25
Sorry your not doing too well today.  I too am struggling with my mood and just started oestrogel a week ago. I already take Ad's for my anxiety and depression  so worry a lot and I'm scared it makes me worse instead of better. I know we have to give it time but some reassurance that things will improve would help a lot as I don't want to take anything that will rock the boat and send me to that dark place
 :bighug:

jennyp25

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »

Exactly it's so scary. I have been on AD'S too for over 20+ yrs. So I am anxious to find out if my moods are menopause or my depression. I hope I feel better I a couple of weeks. Today is definitely my worst. May be because I haven't had this hormone for a long time 🤔 :bighug: x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »

If the depression is over-riding your current medication then it probably is hormonal.

jennyp25

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »

Yes it's is I'm hoping I feel better soon. My go said 3 week s , hope this is the case 😢😢