Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello. I am new  (Read 4070 times)

LizzyD

Re: Hello. I am new
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 02:43:12 AM »

Hi Vegelady,
Welcome....
I've been down your road too!

Tried almost everything you can think of over about the last 10 years....I also took citalopram (which initially helped with hot flushes) but it made me feel “detached” and rather numb too. 

I'm still up and down and all over the place sometimes......brain fog and horrendous hot sweats and flushing the worst symptoms I've had to cope with.....but hallelujah!!!  My 3rd type of hrt and for one month now I'm virtually Hot sweat free!!!!!
I feel like running up a flag that I actually feel like a normal (ish!) person!

Re the brain fog, that is just constant and irritating.  I just tell people I'm exasperated by it too! No need to wind me up further by telling me about it!😠

The point of that is - keep trying.  Some things didnt work for me at all. Some things work a while then seem to “wear off”,or I guess my hormone levels changed and they became ineffective?

But from being so miserable and at the end of my tether a month or so ago when I first posted I feel so much better on this particular hrt... hopefully it'll continue to suit me. But if not I've had a month or so of respite from the most debilitating symptom, and some slightly better sleep, which gives me a whole new perspective.

Hang in there.

Xx
Pages: 1 [2]