Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1784 times)

Dixxi

« on: October 25, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »

Hi, I'm 50 years old and recently saw my Gp with symptoms such as
Crippling low mood, anxiety, palpitations , irregular periods (even though I have been on desogestrel mini pill for years ) however I haven't had any hot flushes. My GP did some blood tests and prescribed me Evorel Sequi patches
I haven't had the blood results back yet but was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's still ok to start using the patches before I get the results ?
My GP also recommended this site for any queries I had although I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this

dazned

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

You don't need to wait for your blood results,indeed they will only show a small snapshot of what your hormone levels were on that specific day nothing more really. So you can start straight away. Good luck ,let us know how you get on.☺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 03:46:16 PM »

Welcome - browse round, make notes.  I would be starting the treatment as prescribed, because blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::).

Some ladies keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:44:24 PM »

Hi Dixxi

:welcomemm: from me too!

Ideally you should start a cyclical HRT such as you have been given on Day 1 of your bleed to try and synchronise with your cycle - but if your periods are very sporadic then you might be waiting a while so as dazned says - then start straight away. Hope it works for you -  but if not there are plenty of others to try and we can help with this :).

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »

Hi Dixxi

:welcomemm:  from me too. Hope the Evorel works for you.

Lanzalover x