Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling worried  (Read 1007 times)

Eviealice

Feeling worried
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »

Can i firstly say "hello everyone".
This is my first post..

Im rather worried at the moment in regards to the symptoms i have been getting over the years.
Im going to be 46 in a few months time and have had a few perimenopausal symptoms since around 40.
I have an underactive thyroid and that is being treated , i was diagnosed with that when i was 37.
2 years ago i was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
3 years ago i also had some cryotherapy treatment on my cervix as i had an erosion.
All smears have come back normal and i had a smear in 2015 that was normal to .
Im due my next one in may 2018.
Iv been noticing over the years that my anxiety has gone worse, pms much worse.
Periods went a bit haywire as last year i had a very heavy bleed that i had tablets from my gp to stop the bleeding .
My periods have been early, late  shorter.
The last 3 periods have been on time and around 6 days of a fairly normal bleed.
No bleeding inbetween periods.
I opted for cryotherapy as i used to bleed after intercourse and was coming down with what felt like a uti only for the urine to be sent of for culture and 9 times out of 10 there would be no uti.
I get some hot flushes and a few times iv woken up in the  night dripping in sweat.
Heart palatations now before my period is due and sometimes when i ovulate.
Breasts feel heavy hot and painful and i get some spots on my face before my period starts.
Im also trying to lose weight and thats rather slow in coming of.
Iv been referred to a gynacologist as i went to see my gp last to to have a chat as within the last 10 days that iv had intercourse with my husband iv bled.
First time was more than the second time.
Its at the stage where im afraid to have intercourse incase i bleed again.
Iv also noticed that my underwear sticks to me at times and i feel as though my insides are burning.
Sometimes it burns when i have a pee other times it doesn't.
My gp had a look at my cervix today and said it looked normal and has taken some swabs .
I just feel so low at the moment.
Its the first anniversay in 2 weeks time of my father passing away and prior to that iv had ongoing stress with one of my daughter's..
I tend to find that i will just burst out crying on random occasions.
Thank you x

Eviealice

Re: Feeling worried
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:02:47 PM »

Thank you sparkle for your reply  :).
I was referred to a gynacologist last week and my gp said i would be seen this side of christmas.
X

Lady Daviot

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »

Sending hugs Eviealice, it is a difficult time for many and all the changes in our bodies does not help. This forum is a god send and the ladies on here are both knowledgeable and understanding and sometimes at 2am, that is all that is needed. Take care x

Eviealice

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »

Thank you lady daviot 😊.
I dont sleep very well as im usually awake around 3.00 am .
I was hoping that my gp would maybe start me on some hrt but she wants to see how the appointment gets on with the gynacologist.
X