Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Health Tourists  (Read 6808 times)

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Re: Health Tourists
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »

How common PF.

Common as in it happens frequently. 

Another NHS fiddle is people who sell up, go and live in, say, France or Spain but don't tell their GP here.  They then get all their repeat prescriptions picked up here by a relative or by themselves when they visit. 

Yes very common, usually the reason is they can't be bothered or think it's to difficult to sign on as a resident.  'free' health care is available in Spain  if you qualify, pensioned or paying contributions.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »

Years ago one paid for the scrap of paper however many items were to be prescribed.  Then the Government of the day cottoned on and 1 is charged for each item.  Until the age of 60, it's part of the Pension.

I LOVE Mark Porter  :-*  ;)

Shadyglade

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »

Different Mark I'm afraid CLKD.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »

Dr Meirion Thomas

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10422924/Surgeon-faced-investigation-for-refusing-to-treat-health-tourist.html

A reminder that YOUR  operation could be delayed or cancelled if a health tourist is being treated.  How anybody can excuse this is beyond me.  We all live and work here and pay our taxes and NI so why should people from other countries think they can come here and take priority never having paid anything in this country.

Shadyglade

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19:59 PM »

Dr Meirion Thomas

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10422924/Surgeon-faced-investigation-for-refusing-to-treat-health-tourist.html

A reminder that YOUR  operation could be delayed or cancelled if a health tourist is being treated.  How anybody can excuse this is beyond me.  We all live and work here and pay our taxes and NI so why should people from other countries think they can come here and take priority never having paid anything in this country.

Hi PF, I am assuming this post is aimed at me and I find it verging on aggressive.  If you can't have a discussion without becoming so why start the thread?

I am NOT excusing anything.  Naturally people should not cheat the system deliberately.  However I see the main problem as being the system itself.  The point of my post was to highlight the shambles of the prescription service so I don't follow your criticism.  ???

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

Dr Meirion Thomas

Hi PF, I am assuming this post is aimed at me and I find it verging on aggressive.  If you can't have a discussion without becoming so why start the thread?

I am NOT excusing anything.  Naturally people should not cheat the system deliberately.  However I see the main problem as being the system itself.  The point of my post was to highlight the shambles of the prescription service so I don't follow your criticism.  ???

It wasnt aimed at you or anyone else.If it were aimed at you I would have used a “quote”.   I am using “YOUR” as in “YOUR country needs you”.  Meaning any of us could be affected.

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2018, 08:01:29 PM »

We have an ageing population, and inadequate taxation and inadequate investment in the NHS. This is the problem not a minority of people who come to this country to take advantage of our free health-care system. Also who are we to condemn them all - we who by luck happen to have been born in this country?

Hurdity x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »

We have an ageing population, and inadequate taxation and inadequate investment in the NHS. This is the problem not a minority of people who come to this country to take advantage of our free health-care system. Also who are we to condemn them all - we who by luck happen to have been born in this country?

Hurdity x

So Hurdity  you don't have a problem with people who are well off and even rich in their own countries coming here to get free medical treatment and then clearing off back to their own countries? 
Pages: 1 2 [3]