Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Posterior vitreous detachment /dry eyes  (Read 2375 times)

pj44

Posterior vitreous detachment /dry eyes
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:40:51 AM »

Hi. In 2016 i went for my routine eye appointment and was told that the pressure in the back of my eye was slightly raised and he would refer me to eye hospital. Well because of anxiety, when the appointment came not till January this year i cancelled it as was so scared. Then in july i started having floaters in my right eye this scared me so i went to opticians and had the drops in to numb the eye, the drops i was so scared of and reason why i cancelled eye appointment. She said eye was all good, did not say pressure was high but referred me anyway  to hospital. Had appointment for January 2018, hospital rang to say had another clinic on did i want to go 2 weeks ago so i did. I have been told i have dry eyes, Blepharitis, posterior vitreous detachment, ocular hypertension. None of this was told me at appointment i was sent a letter with it all. Was scared when i read letter. My eyes have always been sensitive and have to be careful with make-up mostly use liz earle thou cannot mascara now, which is a shame as i feel dreadful without makeup.

Consultant gave me Evolve eye drops and told me to use 4 times a day. I am finding my eyes are far worse with the drops. Yesterday i did not use them and pain and heavyness also eyes seem permanently blurry like in a mist  eyes did not seem so bad. I will try and get appointment with doctor to see if i can get a different drops. Has anyone got any advice for me what to ask for, or if you have had similar problems.

Very scary as your eyes are so precious. I have started taking Omega 3, 7,.

Keepgoing

Re: Posterior vitreous detachment /dry eyes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 12:47:15 PM »

Hi I have dry eyes and my optician prescribed hylo fresh drops to use 4 times a day my eyes feel do feel a bit better with these...hope this helps xx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 03:10:39 PM »

I have trouble with my eyes too

Double vision started 3 years ago
Nocturnal dry eye started soon after
Last year optician said I have too many floaters for my age and if flashing occurs it's an emergency (detached retina)
Now I've been told my eyes are lacking oxygen so need to use eye drops 4 times a day and only wear contacts max 12 hrs a day and only 5 days a week.  They said I have dry eye all the time but I only feel it late nights and when I wake

I had to pick up my glasses yesterday but because I need prisms in them for the double vision I can't have varifocals so have bifocals!

saralynn

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »

Hi, I've been told I have blepharitis too and spent nearly a year not wearing mascara, I hated it! But since then I've started using Blephasol (available from opticians or chemist) which is a fab product, it removes mascara ( when you can bear to use eye makeup again, and try Clinique mascara, but not the waterproof one) and other eye makeup, but it's also good for cleaning up eyelids if they're sticky in the morning.  My optician recommend Thealoz Duo eye drops, I use these at bedtime, and I also take Sea Buckthorn/Omega 7 capsules. I'm so much better than I was, hope some of these work for you.

pj44

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:08 AM »

Thank you ladies for replies. Have ideas now what drops to ask for. Think i will go to my options and see what they say. My eyes are worse in the morning, more dry. I really don't like myself without makeup, have worn make-up most of my life.