Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Chanel 5 ,VA response .  (Read 1685 times)

Maryjane

Chanel 5 ,VA response .
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »

My very short appearance on Chanel 5 last night re VA , have had some ladies chat to me with very sad stories , and GPs really letting them down big time .

And the problem passed onto the women , as if it's there unique never heard of before problem. 😡

I am passing on knowledge , think it needs passing onto GPs also. 🙄

Dancinggirl

Re: Chanel 5 ,VA response .
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:12:06 PM »

Bravo Maryjane - it's appalling that GPs are not more aware.  How many women are out there suffering without support from their GPs?  There should be big posters on GPs walls telling women to seek help if they have VA problems. DG xxx

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:52 AM »

Well I admin a secret FB group for VA , and unfortunately the above story is very common , I tell them what's what and they come back with there local HRT sometimes after years of trying.

I don't no if the battle will ever be won re this part of meno.

I'm not embarrassed talking about it at all , so will keep on keeping on .....been asked to write 3 more pieces so that's 6 altogether...me and my vagina 🙄👵🏻🙈. Luckily my daughters / husband are all for it otherwise I wouldn't do it , as wouldn't want to embarrass them .....

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »

Well done you.

I think in my grandmother's generation there was very much an unspoken rule that women 'shut up shop' at menopause and  :-X (apart from the fallen women of course) and it is very much the impression I got of her.

Sadly, I think this attitude still prevails, deep down, in our culture, at an unspoken level.  Hence treatment to help is not taken seriously beyond those who know better.  :-\

jmj

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »

Well I admin a secret FB group for VA , and unfortunately the above story is very common , I tell them what's what and they come back with there local HRT sometimes after years of trying.

I don't no if the battle will ever be won re this part of meno.

I'm not embarrassed talking about it at all , so will keep on keeping on .....been asked to write 3 more pieces so that's 6 altogether...me and my vagina 🙄👵🏻🙈. Luckily my daughters / husband are all for it otherwise I wouldn't do it , as wouldn't want to embarrass them .....

Hi Maryjane,

If I may ask - what is the address of that FB group, and if we could join it please?

Thank you :)

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »

If you go to FB , put in vaginal atrophy and a group will be found , request to join this group , it is an interim group and not the official one, it's where I interview ladies first, who then I add to the secret group.

There are a few ladies from here on there, if this doesn't work re message here. 😊

jmj

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 05:44:54 PM »

If you go to FB , put in vaginal atrophy and a group will be found , request to join this group , it is an interim group and not the official one, it's where I interview ladies first, who then I add to the secret group.

There are a few ladies from here on there, if this doesn't work re message here. 😊

Thanks. Just sent a request :)

lesley998

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »

Maryjane....what was the programme? I can't find anything in the TV listings for 17 October.
Thanks x