Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Flu like symptons  (Read 1334 times)

Robbi bobby

Flu like symptons
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »

Hello everyone
I am new to this.
I started going through the menopause at 49, weeks before the flushes I gor really bad cramp with flu like symptons, It only lasted 3 days but I was bedridden with it.
Now I am 54 and on  FEMOSTON 1MG/5MG HRT, I still experience these flu like synptons every couple of months, its very depilitating.
I have been experiencing severe hair loss and was told its probably the HRT, so I tried coming of it, the hair loss didnt stop, the flushes of course came back but the cramps and flu like symptons went away, this was in March.
I stayed of the HRT up until 6 weeks agao, as I couldnt stand it any longer, I couldnt even cuddle my husband as the heat from him would trigger a huge flush and a kinda panic attack with it, so back on I went, so 6 weeks on Hrt again and I am in bed with flu like symptons and cramp, the cramp I can Handle but the flu symptons I cannot, I just dont get it.
Has anyone else experienced this and If so is there anything I can do to prevent it.
Your advice is appreciated
Robbi

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flu like symptons
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »

Have a browse round!  Many of what you describe are 'common' - a sudden rush of hormones causing all kinds of awful sensations followed by a hot flush!   :welcomemm:

You could put the name of the product into the 'search' box on here to see how others have fared.  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Gentle exercise.  Good eating pattern.  'me' time.

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry: skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina - we have threads about atrophy here [My Bladder etc.].  Also, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

HORMONES  >:(  ::)