Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Clueless GP and my HRT being delisted...  (Read 770 times)

rebel2

Clueless GP and my HRT being delisted...
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »

Went to GP today to get more HRT supplies.  He was very young, but lovely and spent ages talking to me about my anxiety and making suggestions.  But on HRT he was less helpful - apparently my progynova is to be discontinued soon so I only got 3 months, and he insisted on telling my all about the risks of thrombosis/heart attack and breast cancer [I pointed out that I was on oestrogen only and he admitted it wasn't so much of a risk...].  He was adamant that I should not increase my dose from 1mg but had no clear reason and thought I should be stopping anyway soon.   He had no idea whether my previous history of endometriosis was a problem -he looked it up on the same page I had looked it up on at home and then said it wasn't a problem as it didn't say anything about it!

I came away with my prescription and a new worry [increased heart attack/stroke risk] and a list of mental health services I can access for my anxiety.  But no clearer idea about my HRT...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clueless GP and my HRT being delisted...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »

Have a word with a local Pharmacist?  See when the product is to be dis-continued or whether it's due to main-land European countries buying the product because the NHS won't pay.  Don't wait for 3 months though, make an appt. with a Practice Nurse or the GP who gave you the prescription initially?