Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: help! wearing knickers is making me sore!  (Read 2899 times)

masterchef

help! wearing knickers is making me sore!
« on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »

hi can anyone help, i can't sit down without being very sore and wanting to scratch my vaginal tissues, they feel like they have tiny cuts all over them, and sting when i wee! my knickers or panty liner rubbing when i sit or walk causes the soreness to get worse as my tissues feel very fragile & thin, there is no infection or discharge, just clear mucus like i get mid cycle, have tried, drapolene, sudo creme, timodine, lanacane, nothing, over several months.
this used to happen but be less severe before i was on HRT, from mid cycle to my period arriving i would have mid cycle mucus that seemed to be astringent and cause me to get very sore, so i wore a tampon and that helped.
i have started on estradot 100mcg daily with utrogest 100 x2 i insert vaginally from days 17-28, didn't have a problem first month when i just had oestrogen but when i introduce the progesterone, i am 51 still having regular heavy periods every 23 days, before starting HRT a few months ago. please help soreness & itching making me want to rip my underneath off!! will it help if i reduce the progesterone or take it for a shorter time? can't understand if i am lacking oestrogen but not progesterone, why they give you more oestrogen then make you take more pregestroen, surely that just takes you back to where you started, i just don't get it!! :'(
problem 2!
restless leg syndrome, when i sit down at night, i have to keep moving my legs, have tried walking, rubbing massaging, running! but nothing helps, i can get it at night in bed, used to have it when i was pregnant, so it is hormone related, can anyone help please?

Tinkerbell

Re: help! wearing knickers is making me sore!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »

Utrogeston made me sore down below, I now have a Mirena.
I would get some Ovestin prescribed to use on your outside bits and try and avoid pantry liners, are they scented ones? I ask as I know people who react to scented sanitary products, also try going knickerless at night.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 07:02:36 PM »

Also could be the start of VA, get some Vagifem prescribed if you are not already using it.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »

MY VA originally started with continuous bladder infections and vagifem sorted it, then a nurse took me off it and it started again but with thinking my knickers were causing the soreness, along with splitting during sex.  I bought all new (cotton) knickers and still it carried on, uncomfortable to sit and walking was too, once again vagifem is helping but I need to insert 5-7 times weekly

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:01:07 PM »

Certainly sounds like VA, for which topical oestrogen would be the appropriate treatment, either Vagifem or Ovestin as Tinkerbell says. Some women use both. If your wee stings, you could try applying some Hydromol ointment to the whole vulval area, as it acts like a barrier. It's a bit like applying lard to your bits at first, but it does soften up. It helped me in this respect when I first developed VA.

I believe a clear discharge can be one of the symptoms of VA. Sorry I can't comment on the progesterone effect as I don't have to use this.

Do hope you can get some appropriate treatment soon. I know just how you feel and it is awful :( However, if you search for VA on here you will find plenty of advice.

JP x

raginglunatic

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »

Hi Masterchef,

I started having those symptoms too, and had nearly convinced myself that I had Lichen Sclerosis (thankfully, not!). I had little 'paper cuts' all over my vulva, sex was painful as it would make them tear, and I suffered itching. Here is what i did:
1. I started using EMU oil on my vulval area twice a day, you can get it on Amazon and its brilliant (providing you are not a vegan  :'()
2. I stopped using any kind of soap, vaginal wash etc. Just rinse with plain water.
3. I use Tena lights instead of normal pantyliners. I have very mild urine incontinence (thanks kids!), and I think the urine was causing irritation. Tena is designed to lock it in better than normal panty liners
4. I always moisturise my vulva with the Emu oil before sex, and also use lube (a brand called Yes is PH balanced for the vagina and very good).

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 04:07:15 PM »

Stop using pads, they can increase moistness which may introduce bacteria = itchiness.

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry : skin, vagina, eyes, deep in the ears, nostrils : so do ask your Practice Nurse 4 treatment appropriate to vaginal atrophy for which we have threads here (My Bladder etc..) - I have found Ovestin1mg really useful and some ladies find that using yes or sylk products help with outer dryness.  This treatment needs to be continued for a long while.  It does mimic repeated urine infection-type symptoms too!

Cool bath.  Add Epsom salts and sit for a few moments then dry, patting gently down below.  No powder or creams other than the above.  When I have severe itchiness I eat LIVE Greek yoghurt and if necessary, apply into the vagina - if nowt else it's soothing ;-)