Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti to Oestrogel  (Read 1945 times)

Dotty

Elleste Duet Conti to Oestrogel
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »

After 12 weeks on Elleste Duet Conti and very little improvement in my symptoms, I am now on Oestrogel and Utrogestan.

Should I start with 2 pumps of gel or 3?

Thanks

Dotty

Re: Elleste Duet Conti to Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »

Anyone got a suggestion?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »

Start with 2 pumps per day.  The gel is very efficient. Apply to inner thigh and allow to dry before covering. Don't use any creams/moisturisers on the area where you apply the gel.  Hope this proves effective for you.  DG x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »

Thanks Dancing Girl. I was just wondering if I should use 3 pumps as the 2mg tablets didn't do much.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:54:37 PM »

If 2 pumps per day keeps flushes and night sweats under control then that should be a good amount. As I said, transdermal gel is more effective generally. DG x

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 03:02:10 PM »

It's doing great for me in two pumps daily dotty I'm very pleased with it.xx

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »

Dancing Girl - the tablets got rid of day flushes but not night sweats. Fatigue is my worst problem now along with insomnia.

Daisydot - good to hear. Have you had improvements since being on gel?

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 03:26:45 PM »

Huge improvements I've had no dips since changing from patches to gel.id be on patches two days then my mood would get low again for no obvious reason then after applying a new patch on day three I'd feel ok again.that has gone now with the gel so I must be getting the right balance now.i also found a difference with the oestrodose and the Oestrogel. I felt quite flat every day on the oestrodose,not Ill just flat,when I managed to get hold of the Oestrogel I noticed the smell of alcohol from it wasn't as bad as the oestrodose that made me really nausueaous when I was applying and also the Oestrogel rubbed in easier.xx

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 03:30:34 PM »

Daisydot - fantastic news. X

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »

Thank you dotty I wish it was as easy for everyone else I seem to be thriving on it,still got a few issues but small steps eh??good luck xx

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 03:47:34 PM »

Daisydot - I've had a horrendous time and have been so ill. I just hope this Oestrogel does the trick x

Daisydot

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »

I hope so for you too dotty it's not easy is it,I have my list up to remind myself how far I've come when I'm having a less than happy day lol.
Keep plodding away in a few weeks you will hopefully feel more pluses than negatives and at least the forums here,no magic answers but good support and advice based on real experience from real people,can't beat that.xx

Optimist

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 06:13:43 PM »

Good luck ladies-I've switched to oestrogel too and can't believe the difference already -like you said daisydot the patches seemed great first 24 hours but then my mood dipped and I'd end up changing again (almost like seeking a fix I would imagine). This gel is fab and the fact you have control over your dosage is great. I'm hoping to be able to use 2 pumps instead of 3 eventually. I also didn't have a problem at Morissons pharmacy getting oestrogel as I'd rang and asked if they could make sure it wasn't oestrodose after reading around the forum and taking note of what you ladies were saying.
I feel quite optimistic dare I say xx

prestige

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 05:11:04 PM »

Dotty - I would be really interested to see how you get on with Oestrogel.

My main menopause symptoms are fatigue/nausea/night sweats and of course the delights of insomnia :o

I would class myself as peri-menopausal as my last period was in November of last year. I was on Elleste Duet Sequi - but it only took my night sweats away. The fatigue/nausea symptoms were worse whilst I was on that HRT.

Fingers and toes crossed the new regime cures your fatigue and your other symptoms!!!!

Dotty

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »

Hi Prestige interesting that you have same symptoms as me. The exhaustion is awful and the nausea too. I'm hoping that the Oestrogel works x