Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1195 times)

saralynn

« on: October 18, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »

Hello, so pleased my GP told me about this forum, staggered by how much I didn't (still don't) know about this stage of life. I was determined not to do HRT, although have had to use Vagifem for VA. Did my best via the herbal route, mainly taking Sage based things, as recommended on the Victoria Health website, but earlier this year the continued vaginal dryness, hotness at night (and not in a good way!) and rotten low moods/depression took me to GP. She tried me on Evorel conti, I've been period free for at least 5 years (I'm 57) and at first it was fab, I slept through the night, every night,but before long my breasts felt and looked like they belonged to another woman (so swollen and really sore) and I started bleeding. I was quite freaked out by the bleeding, although knew to expect it at first, and GP was OK as long as didn't go beyond two months, but the depression has been awful. So I've removed the patch and am going back tomorrow for more advice. Dreading the night sweats returning, and am hoping going back on the Vagifem will be enough, with some supplements, if not, at least there's a wealth of info here to help me.

Anyway, having lurked on the site for a few weeks now trying to take in all the discussions and info, and been humbled by everyone's honesty I thought high time I actually said hello, and sorry for rambling!

Dancinggirl

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »

saralynn  :welcomemm:
Conti HRTs can give far more problems than sequential HRT regimes.  This is why many women choose to put up with a monthly bleed with the sequi regimes - progesterone used everyday can give more side effects.

You may do better on a low dose regime and use perhaps Oestrogel or oestrogen patches continuously with separate progesterone for 10-12 days each month - either Utrogestan or Provera.

Look under TREATMENTS for more info and get back to us with questions.
Great your GP told you about this site - we are here to support you.  DG x 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

:welcomemm: B rowse round.  Make notes.  Read the various threads on the many complaints, i.e. My Bladder etc. [about vaginal atrophy] - we have a humour room too  ;)