Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you know if estrogen is too much?  (Read 4638 times)

Waterdaggers

Re: How do you know if estrogen is too much?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 07:52:56 AM »

I would love to know how to tell this too! It seems like the effects of too low or too high oestrogen are pretty similar. Especially if you are not someone who suffers from hot flushes like myself. I was on Estradot 75 prior to hysterectomy and removal of last ovary 4 weeks ago but have been cutting up my patches to give myself more as felt it was too low. Now I'm not sure if its too high :-/ Although I do know I always break out in big spots on my cheeks when oestrogen is low. I put 125 worth of patches on yesterday (an estradot 75 and an evorel 50) and now have a headache so guessing too high.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »

Waterdaggers - sudden increases (and falls) in oestrogen (and progesterone!) can lead to headaches. If it is due to the oestrogen then it should ease as your body acclimatises but it's always better to increase slowly so perhaps increasing to 100 mcg in the first instance ( unless you've already tried that?) I am not familiar with the idea of too much oestrogen.... you may also benefit from testosterone (eventually) without both ovaries. This can be the missing link with persistent symptoms. Loss of libido/response would be an indicator.

Hurdity x

Waterdaggers

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Yes I tried 100 mcg for a couple of weeks by cutting up patches but still felt it wasn't quite enough (due to acne on cheeks) so thought I would try 125 mcg when I was changing my patch yesterday. Managed to see the GP today though and she wants me to stick with a single 100 mcg patch for a couple of weeks before going up to 125 to see if things stabilise. I have an appointment at the meno clinic in december and will hopefully get testosterone then. Although currently libido is ok. Energy is awful but that may be because I'm still recovering from surgery.
Thanks for your advice! :-) x

Love_vodka

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 07:36:15 PM »

My sex drive is fine too.  But I'm bloated, sore boobs and over emotional/sensitive a bit like pmt symptoms. Last week I had zero motivation, this week I'm fine. I did cut a quarter off my 100 patch yesterday so don't know if that's making a difference already?
Pages: 1 [2]