Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi feeling so awful  (Read 2140 times)

Mini1

Hi feeling so awful
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:14:44 AM »

Hi I'm 53 and over the past couple of months have been feeling progressively ill.  Started with headaches and dizziness and not feeling quite with it.  Docs put it all down to a tooth infection, but now the tooth is out and I still feel bad. 

My periods finished 3 years ago and I have suffered with hot flushes but nothing major.  Suddenly in the last  few weeks my hot flushes have got worse at night and during the day.  Also been having cold flushes.  I feel nauseous all the time ( a bit like I did when I was pregnant).  I am exhausted and can't do much because I feel so ill.  Also got heart palpitations.

Been backwards and forwards to doctors.  All my blood tests have come back fine.....thyroid, B12, ferritin, folate, ESR.

Now waiting to see if GP will give me HRT.  x

Hurdity

Re: Hi feeling so awful
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »

Hi Mini1

:welcomemm:

If you want HRT - then it is your right to have it and it is certainly the best treatment for your symptoms and given your lack of periods for 3 years! Is there any reason for the doc not to give you HRT ie due to certain health conditions? There are very few contra-indications so if you don't fall into any of the categories I would do lots of research and see what appeals. All the different types are listed under treatments tabs above/HRT preparations. Your doc will most likely suggest a continuous combined one ( ie oestrogen and progestogen every day) but I would suggest taking one that gives a cycle (withdrawal bleed) in the first instance until you've found one that works for you, and then you can progress to a no-bleed type if you want to. I still take cyclical HRT in my mid 60's on a long cycle (with consent of my doc).

Hopefully you will be able to decide on a suitable product and soon be on the right track to feeling better and coping again :). Lifestyle, exercise and diet are also important at this stage so if there is anything you need to changem now;s the time  ::)

Hurdity x

Mini1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:05:08 AM »

Hi thanks for your reply Hurdity  :)

The GP wanted to rule out other things like thyroid and B12. The tests have all come back

fine. I've now got to have an ECG and blood pressure check. He won't give me the HRT until I've had those. So I'm seeing him again on Friday. Hopefully I can then get the medication I need.

I feel dreadful and keep asking myself if the menopause can really cause me to feel this ill?

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:52:11 AM »

Hi Mini1

Yes, yes, yes...... menopause can make you feel really ill. For some women including myself I felt I has really bad flu, nausea, horrendous anxiety and dizziness.

I can NOT function without HRT. Life isn't perfect and I'm not the person I was but I am better than 2 years ago :( I was on 3/4 pumps of gel for several years, then it suddenly stopped working. I am now on a low dose combi HRT called Angeliq.

Hope your Dr gives you what you need Wxx

Mini1

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 12:26:54 PM »

Hi warwick01
Thanks for your message. Yes I just feel dreadful. That's the best way I can describe it. I've got to wait till Friday before GP sees me again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »

Browse round here.  Make notes!

Mini1

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »

Thanks CLKD, I will do x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them