News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 1035 times)

Mini1

Nausea
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »

Hi

Does anyone else suffer with constant nausea....a bit like morning sickness.  I feel sick; don't want to eat and only want to eat savoury foods.

Thanks xx

Hurdity

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

That does sound like a typical pregnancy symptom - so due to high oestrogen/progesterone - especially the savoury food craving which I had too (in pregnancy) but looking back you are post-menopause? Not sure about it being a symptom of low oestrogen though  :-\.  Have you been to doc about nausea separate from menopause?

Hurdity x

LizzyD

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:49:51 PM »

Looks like I need to massively up my oestrogen and progesterone......I need to not want to eat!!! 😂😂

LizzyD

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:57:56 PM »

Sorry - very facetious reply........please take it a a joke 😏

But actually I've been having the same problem in the last weeks .....on a new ( apparently) stronger HRT.  Been feeling very off food and nauseous.

(I've been headachy and jittery too for a few days and low and behold, started to bleed today)

But I've only been wanting savoury/salty foods too.

I was attributing mine to a different HRT and hoping it will settle as my body adjusts.

How long have you felt like that? 
No ideas about what might be causing it?

Mini1

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:50:23 AM »

Hi LizzyD
I'm not on HRT yet so it can't be that that's cauding me to feel nauseous. I've had this feeling for about 3 weeks now. But I've been feeling ill for about 3 months with random symptoms. These symptoms now seem to be menopausal xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »

Maybe keep a mood/symptom/food diary to see if there is a pattern.  Also eating little and often, avoiding fatty/greaasy foods might help.  Ginger is a good gut settler.