Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Change from Elleste 1mg to Tibolone 2.5mg - new member  (Read 1976 times)

Angesutt

Change from Elleste 1mg to Tibolone 2.5mg - new member
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »

Hi, am a new member and looking for advice. I was diagnosed 2 years ago finally after a long time of tests/docs appts with early menopause at age 43.  I tried without HRT for one year but the foginess was too much. I had Elleste 2mg but that seemed too strong and was put up 1mg but that gave me very bad ovary pain each month leading to passing out and sickness which I could not put up with after 3 episodes. I am now on Tibolone 2.5mg and have had a rough start since Monday with spaced out feeling, bad nausea and low appetite. It has brought some bleeding on too. Is anyone else on Tibolone and does it all settle quickly and give good results? Is anyone going through early menopause and being told like me that there is not a huge choice of HRT until I hit normal age for it (average 51 doc told me). Thanks in advance as feeling somewhat helpless and pathetic!

Annie0710

Re: Change from Elleste 1mg to Tibolone 2.5mg - new member
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »

Tibolone is usually given to post menopause women, so if you're still in peri this isn't really the hrt for you

However, your symptoms since starting it have all been described here by other women so rest assured it is the Tibolone causing it but only time will tell if they settle.  They do for some (the bleeding settles usually) but the spaced out feeling not for many x

Angesutt

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »

Thank you Annie. I am not in Peri but normal menopause confirmed by GP/blood tests 2 years ago. I spoke to a different GP today and she said to give it 3 weeks to settle.
Angex

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »

Ah right ok.  Then you're fine on Tibolone

Look in the search button for Tibolone and livial,  you will find lots of stories (mine inc) about our journeys.  Everyone seems to react differently to it but there's some good success stories

I needed more oestrogen but no more tablet so in hindsight topping up with an oestrogen gel might've worked for me x

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »

Searched for Tibolone, but can only find 3 posts incuding yours, i have just posted about when is the best time to take it as was hoping it would help sleep, but taking in a morning, maybe should switch to night , instructions just say same time of day

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:28:02 PM »

I took mine at night

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »

I have started taking mine at night now too, i seem to get very achy tired eyes as well, but not bound to be caused by the Tibolone
Not really noticed much difference in how i am feeling yet though
Iwill try it for the 3 months see how it goes :)