Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem ,now thrush  (Read 7525 times)

jaycee

Vagifem ,now thrush
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:32:38 PM »

I have been prescribed vagifem, onlly a week ago, but now have what feels like thrush
Has anyone else had this problem, with vagifem,
Could be coincidence, but i dont usually get thrush in fact only ever had it once before,

dahliagirl

Re: Vagifem ,now thrush
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:01:40 PM »

Have you tried multi-gyn actigel with it?  It is supposed to help balance pH and stop thush/BV.

You only need a dollop on the finger, then swoosh around (cheaper that way  ;) )

I had thrush/BV symptoms off and on before I started vagifem and still use it from time to time.

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »

Thank you for your reply, what is that and where do i get it from?

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »

It's a gel in a tube, sold to treat BV and thrush. Boots sell it. Ignore the box with the individual treatments - go for the tube and an individual dollop on a finger. It sorts the pH in your vagina to where it should be so thrush cannot thrive.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »

I was at the doctors yesterday as ive got the same problem . Intense itching and burning since starting vagifem for bladder problems. Doctor said it could be one of three things: bacterial infection, reaction to vagifem, or vaginal dryness caused by hormonal changes . She took a swab to elimate infection .. said it didnt look like thrush. So awaiting result at the moment ... i am beginning to suspect its the vagifem ! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »

May not be the product but what it is packaged in or the fillers!  Maybe do a search on here to see what others suggest?

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:20:05 PM »

I have ordered  some from Amazon now,didnt realise itcould be bought in boots
I have a feeling its the vagifem but will give it a bit longer and see how it goes

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

Or ask your GP for Ovestin ?  4 me thrust was intense itching high up so I used LIVE yoghurt, eaten and applied - on a Tampax as high up the vagina as possible to keep it moist  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

CLKD - :o the mind boggles at the thought of eating and then applying the same yogurt to a tampon and inserting it.  ;D

Jaycee you might find the generic estriol cream (0.01%) is gentler, and certainly helps to lubricate, being a cream.

Hurdity x

jaycee

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »

*Hurdity*,i sent for some of that actigel last night,cant believe it arrived thius morning,it seems like good stuff, but the burning and itching had almost gone,but will keep it handy