Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 1523 times)

raginglunatic

I'm new here
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »

hi everyone, lovely to find you all here. Menopause can be a strangely lonely experience, even though we all go through it! I have only one problem (which I appreciate makes me lucky in many ways), but it is HUGE! The problem is have is RAGE  :steamed:. I have always had really bad moodswings when premenstrual, and have struggled with my temper generally, but now my cycle is shorter and unpredictable, and the moodswings now take the form of extreme, uncontrollable anger :angryfire: :angryfire:

After the last week in which I got close to losing my husband for good, I have gone to the GP and he has put me on Estelle Duet 1 mg. 3 days in and so far so good, but then i would be good anyway as  have just started my period. I am very worried about what will happen when I get to the green pills (with progresterone)... Luckily my husband will be out of the country then  ;D!

I am 51, fit and healthy, good diet, stopped drinking alcohol just over 2 months ago (hasn't helped), have 1 coffee a day...

Would love to hear from anyone else for whom mood swings, and in particular rage, has been a problem, and what you have tried so far to help with that! Thanks  :)

Hurdity

Re: I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »

Hi raginglunatic

:welcomemm:

I'm sure there have been recent threads on rage - either in all things menopause or personal experiences? Maybe have a look at these sections?

How variable is your cycle length?

I don't have rage now - and had more rage when I was menstruating normally - was very up and down as my hormones cycled! Hopefully the Elleste will help with the mood swings as it gives a constant dose of oestrogen so preventing the crash that you might experience at the end of each month. Don't worry about the green tabs - it's only the women with problems that find their way to this forum - most take them quite happily!

Good luck - and remember if this type doesn't suit you - there are plenty more to try :)

Hurdity x

raginglunatic

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »

Thanks Hurdity! I'm on day 4 now and feeling very depressed and emotional - when usually I am happy at this stage of my cycle  :-\

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

My cycle is irregular, but around 20 - 26 days.

When you say you don't have rage now, are you on HRT?

Thanks!

liauq

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:23:15 PM »

Love the user name!
That's just how the rages make you feel, isn't it?
Do you have a kind of out of body experience where part of you is watching that strange lady really going off on one?
HRT stopped that for me,but didn't help in other ways and I have temporarily given it up; I've warned my husband but he's got that shell-shocked look back.
Maybe, stick with the HRT for a bit longer, it's early days and it may not have kicked in yet, then try something different if the one you've got doesn't do the bizz?
All the best from a fellow traveller!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:28:59 PM »

3-4 months trial of HRT if one can tolerate the various side-effects.

How were you pre-menstrually?   I would be OK for 3 weeks but any other time, watch out  :cuss:.  Something that wasn't a problem would suddenly make me fly off the handle, big time  :-\

How is your diet?  Sometimes if the body becomes hungry one gets angry - think of babies who are hungry ;-).  Maybe eat every 3 hours, graze on dried fruits, nuts, bananas ........

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful too.  Browse round.  Make notes!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:15 PM »

.... and print off the bit for husbands from here too ;-)

raginglunatic

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »

thanks everyone! On day 8 of Estelle Duet now, and still have bouts of down-ness, but manage to stay calm/return to calm more. Other than that all fine. I will let you know how i get on with the green tablets. Liauq, you are right, it does feel as if its someone else behaving like a monster! CLKD, I have always been REALLY bad pre-menstrually. My diet is very good, and i eat regularly, as low blood sugar sends me off on one as well  ;D. Thanks again and I will keep you posted, as am keen to see if my expereince through HRT land can help others with mood problems xx