Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood tests  (Read 1060 times)

donnacrichton

Blood tests
« on: October 09, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »

Hi I've got my bloods back today and they are 250mpol on a dosage of 200mg estradot. Still waiting to see consultant.  Is this a low reading?

Hurdity

Re: Blood tests
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

One blood tests is a snapshot in time so not especially reliable - and also depends where on your body you apply the patch and where the bloods were taken, and also when in relation to patch change day. I imagine my oestrogen level is about this - low 200's (last two times it was measured) although I haven't had this measured since I increased my patch dose slightly. I would say it is a low level for that amount of oestrogen but if you are feeling otherwise OK then that's fine? If you are not producing any at all (I think you've had the injection to shut down ovaries?) then you would need more (than me for example) to give just a basic level than those of is still with ovaries as I understand they continue to produce some oestrogen even post-menopause (I think).

The main thing is how do you feel?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:35 PM »

Still feeling awful been increasing since early this year. I've had to do it very slowly and my last result was 77 so it is increasing I've gone from 50mcg to 200 mcg was hoping it would be higher. I'm not sure I am fully absorbing the patch wears off on day 3 x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »

What symptoms are bothering you still and have you tried gel?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »

Still getting flushes most of the day with a burning back and scalp. Very emotional with very little concentration. I feel like I am on the edge of a period but obviously that doesn't come. X

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »

I feel for you Donna as I feel exactly the same.

My goal for today is not to cry at my desk but not sure how long I can hold off the floodgates for.

Have you ever tried testosterone? I'm seriously considering paying for it privately.

Good luck

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still getting flushes donnacrichton - even on this dose and with oestrogen at this level. Have you tried gel and I agree with MIS71MUM that maybe testosterone would help if you are not yet using it?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »

I have tried the gel but my own system was still working so I didn't get on well. I've spoken to my consultant and as I've only been at 200mg for 2 weeks to leave it another 6 weeks to see if fluctuations settle. I've never tried or been offered testosterone x