Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Re introducing myself  (Read 1618 times)

Nannyneet

Re introducing myself
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

Hi,it's Nannyneet here,I joined several months ago now but due to life,illness and general depression I haven't visited since. So to reintroduce myself,I am 54 years old and a single mum to two daughters,the eldest is 33 and has just had her first baby so I am a nanny now 😊He is now 5 weeks old 🙀Where did that time go,my younger daughter is 30 and still living with me as she is just about to go back to uni for the second time to train as an Occupational Therapist
I first came here on the advice of my GP who thinks I'm perimenopausal,I went to see her because I was having mood swings and feeling generally out of sorts, I also have Fibromyalgia so have to deal with that every day😟 My symptoms have got worse and I thought maybe the menopause might be the cause,I'm still not sure but have had lots of tests with no conclusions reached,so I'm going to make good use of the forum to try to manage this time of my life a bit more pro actively,I'm looking forward to chatting to like minded people

Taz2

Re: Re introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »

Welcome back Nannyneet and congratulations on your new grandson.

Taz x  :congrats: :foryou:

Nannyneet

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 06:48:32 PM »

Thanks 😊

peri

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »

Hi Nannyneet and welcome

Have you considered hrt? and how do they know you have fibromyalgia?x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »

:congrats:  we loves a menopausal baby we does ;-)

What investigations have been done thus far?

Nannyneet

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »

Hi Nannyneet and welcome

Have you considered hrt? and how do they know you have fibromyalgia?x

Hi,my GP said to wait before trying HRT as she wasn't sure I needed it yet,I then didn't have a period for 3 months but then had one in July funnily enough when my daughter had the baby,she was dealing with contractions and I was  pacing up and down the labour room with awful period pains🙀
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 14 years ago after becoming ill with widespread pain,my GP sent me to see a Rheumatologist and I was tested for everything under the sun,eventually they did the pressure point test and concluded it was Fibromyalgia I haven't been back to my GP yet to tell her about the missed periods so she might suggest HRT now I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest,my sister died from Breast Cancer when she was 49 and had been on HRT since having a total hysterectomy due to having cervical cancer,I myself have had to have part of my cervix removed due to precancerous cells so I'm a bit dubious about it all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »

:bounce: