Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update on GP and HRT  (Read 4343 times)

Hurdity

Re: Update on GP and HRT
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »

For what-ever reasons, Dr Currie decided that women need assistance with menopausal problems.  Hence this Forum.  In order to understand the WHOLE problem that ladies have at the various Surgeries across the UK: as seen here and this is surely a small % of ladies being given wrong information:  then she needs to be aware which GPs need educating further regarding The Change.  Unless ladies who have had problems tell Dr Currie she won't know, or who would you suggest Hurdity that they contact?  'we' .......... speak for yourself perhaps.

I saw NO media coverage of Menopause Day.  Not on the TV, none on local radio ....... not in our local papers, this month however is World Breast Cancer Awareness - probably depends on how much money is involved. 

At a time when ladies feel ill it shouldn't be up to them to have to investigate what is actually required in order to ease symptoms.  Our Surgery produces a monthly newsheet but menopause is never mentioned.

I missed this but I still don't see the purpose in writing to Dr Currie specifically about individual doctors for the reasons stated? What purpose would this serve and what is she going to do with the information? As far as I know she has not asked for this. She and all the other gynaes and the BMS are fully aware and are dealing with this issue from the top through education and this will filter down to individual areas and practices. I absolutely agree that we  shouldn't have to research ourselves but in the meantime by doing so we can help to bridge the gap until  this happens. In any case surely it is always a good thing to know about your body and what you are being treated with - I think nowadays most of us will research everything to do with our illnesses and treatments?! I'm not au fait with the correct procedures but CLKD you yourself and also Dancinggirl commented about who to contact eg patient groups or writing to practice manager etc. Yes this website is brilliant for providing information - and the forum a great add-on for us to contribute by advising each other.  If she has said she wants this info (about individual doctors) then I take it all back  ::)

Yes I agree louby48 they really should keep up to date and in fact should be a requirement for all disciplines!

Mini1 - you raised an important issue - and I hope you are feeling better now on the right regime!

Hurdity x

Mini1

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 08:41:03 AM »

Hi Hurdity
Well I suppose it's early days for me. I only started the Kliovance on Friday , so have taken 4 so far. I was hoping for a miraculous recovery ! I think I feel slightly less sick.

I was reading one of your earlier answers about timing of HRT. Am I right in thinking that the oestrogen has to build up in your system and that's why it takes a while to see any effect? X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »

Yes, Mini1 - it may take time if your oestrogen levels were low to start with.  Give it 2-3 weeks and hopefully things will improve.  Do expect some strange things e.g. sore breasts, tingling ‘lady bits', some spotting or even bleeding - things settle over 3-4 months as your body adjusts and welcomes the hormones.    Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 03:33:47 PM »

I think Hurdity that you are missing the point, hijacking this particular thread and it might be more appropriate to make a separate topic so your thoughts don't get lost?  We've been here B4  >:(

Mini1 - the body doesn't usually get where it is suddenly so the treatment will take a while to be absorbed.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?  Some ladies find it useful. 

Nausea may be eased by ginger: drinks, added to food (we eat a lot) or eating small pieces but it can be hot  ;)

Mini1

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »

Dancing Girl - thanks for your reply. I will have to be patient  :) x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »

The patience gene missed me out  :D

Mini1

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »

Me too. I hate feeling like this.

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 06:29:50 PM »

It really is dreadful.  Send a message to Dr Currie by snail mail!  she really should be keeping a list of GPs prescribing/not for menopausal women.

Is there a Patient Group at your Practice that you could join ?

I'm not sure that it is Dr Currie's responsibility to keep a list of doctors who mis-prescribe? Surely it is up to us as patients to do the reporting https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/psa-sup-info-med-error.pdf Not sure if there are more up to date guidelines but I'm away at the moment and struggling to post!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 06:34:55 PM »

It's not medical error.
Pages: 1 [2]