Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 1483 times)

Carolinehunter

Bleeding
« on: October 06, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »

Hi all.
I'm s bit confused or just plain stupid  ;D
I'm due to have my one remaining ovary removed along with my womb and cervix, will I still get bleeding with HRT?
Also will I bleed after surgery.

Claireylou

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »

Hi. Caroline, no you won't get any bleeds if you're having everything removed.

Provided you don't suffer with endometriosis, you'll only need an estrogen patch with no progesterone.

I had a very very slight bloody discharge for a couple of weeks after my total hysterectomy, it is common to have this for any amount of time up to six weeks, depending how well you heal.

No question is stupid or silly on here  :)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »

Hi Caroline. Claireylou is right in that you wont have any periods after your hysterectomy, even if on HRT, as there will be nothing left to bleed from. The bleeding, both natural periods and the bleeds caused by HRT, are due to the lining of the womb building up and then shedding. You will no longer have a womb so you wont have a bleed.

Do you know which type of hysterectomy you are having? There is a lot of info on this site https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/ and I found the forum very helpful when I was waiting for my hysterectomy and afterwards it was great to chat with other women who had just had the same op.

Taz x  :)

Annika

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »

Hi Caroline, sending you lots of good wishes with your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery.