Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to HRT - menopause symptoms not improved now anxiety too  (Read 4369 times)

racjen

Re: New to HRT - menopause symptoms not improved now anxiety too
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

Mirtazipine is an older style anti-depressant (tri-cyclic?). Not sure why that would be prescribed in the first instance for anxiety, as SSRIs are generally meant to be better and with fewer side-effects. I know it does have a very sedating effect - I tried it and it made me into a total zombie, but not a lot else in terms of beneficial effects. I'd stay away from ADs until you've thoroughly explored the HRT options, I'm convinced that my anxiety is driven by hormonal changes and although I haven't found the solution yet I'm hopeful it's out there!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »

Thanks peri - glad it worked for you. 

Nasil41

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 06:59:39 PM »

Hi  I just wanted to add don't be scared of the mirtazapine I've been on it for over 2 years at various doses and I find it really good. I was in a really bad place when I was first put on it and it helped straight away and I've never felt oversedated and used to still take zoplicone with it I  felt a calming effect.
I have recently started femseven sequi as I'm hoping the ott  anxiety I have will be more manageable with help from my AD also. Just finishing my 3rd week and up to now I have experienced very few problems. Anxiety is hideous I can't stand it I know they say acceptance helps but I have yet been unable too
Good luck x
Pages: 1 [2]