Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buying oestrogen cream online  (Read 11308 times)

Annie0710

Re: Buying oestrogen cream online
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »

Evie start at 1 pump and work up as and when needed x

Kkay

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »

I've been away from the forum for a few days but Eviepf, I am really glad to hear your GP appointment went so well - that's wonderful. Can you ask to see the same GP every time? I'm not too familiar with how the NHS works...

Hope the Ovestin cream is helping...keep us posted and good luck !

Eviepf

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »

Dear All

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to report back - things haven't been going well.

As I said before, my idea of applying patches to my inner thigh was a non-starter so, until I could see the GP again, I went back to applying the patch on my abdomen. I tried using the Ovestin and all seemed well - no stinging at all, so I carried on applying it for a few nights. Last weekend I developed really terrible burning to my urethral area, which is where I had been applying the Ovestin. This was accompanied by bad urinary frequency and I had several nights where I hardly slept at all. I put this down to the Ovestin (I'm pretty sure I hadn't eaten or drunk, or done, anything else which could have caused it) and stopped using it. Now, several days on, things are still pretty bad stinging/frequency/sleep-wise, if not quite as bad as they were last weekend. My symptoms have always varied, but are not usually like this.

I saw the GP again on Wednesday (thankfully, the nice one who I saw last time) and she has prescribed me Estrogel and suggested starting with 1 pump per day. I applied my first dose this morning. She also prescribed me the weaker estriol cream (0.01%) but said that it probably wouldn't have been the estriol itself that could have irritated me and that the 'filler' in the weaker cream could still be a problem. I haven't used the cream yet, and won't unless things improve.

I had previously booked an appointment to see a gynae about the Mona Lisa Touch procedure - really just to get information - and this happened on Tuesday. She was great, had a look at my nether regions and confirmed what I already knew, i.e. that my vaginal tissue looks fine (I don't think it was ever that bad, and I've been using Vagifem since March). My urethra also looked OK, but she suggested using the laser on the area around the urethra and vulva, chiefly where my inner labia had once been. She said it was worth a try, shouldn't make things worse and might improve matters - should she do it there and then?! I thought 'what the hell' and said go ahead. I have to go back and see her again in 4 weeks. I knew I wouldn't really be a candidate for the full MLT procedure, but am willing to try anything that might improve things even a little.

So, here I am... I also took a fluconazole capsule yesterday, as I know that I've had bad urethral/frequency problems before with thrush, although I don't seem to get much itchiness. I just hope that something will help as I'm feeling desperate. I keep thinking that maybe it IS 'just' bladder illness after all - maybe the menopause had nothing to do with it - although in my calmer moments I try to remind myself that this started when I was perimenopausal and worsened when (I'm guessing) my ovaries must have failed, post hysterectomy. It just feels like a huge mess and that I have no answers or solution.

Sorry for writing such an essay. x

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:35:29 AM by Eviepf »

Zara69

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »

You sound like me...I use vagifem and patches. I keep messing about with ovestin on the outside and then it hurts me.  I wonder if our bits are really sore it's too strong as it's meant to be applied high up, soak in I suppose and a little bit works it's way down.  I know some ladies tolerate it rubbed in.  Hopefully the weaker cream might be better.  I take thrush tablets too- often wondering if it's thrush.  Fingers crossed for MLT.  All this is utterly miserable and so hard to live with xx

Maryjane

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »

I have had MLT 3 internally and 5 externally and it has made a huge all round difference this far , I still use the estring but the vagina is now absorbing it far better since MLT due to the collergan ( sp) etc .....

The whole area looks very healthy including my urethra , scar tissues etc.

I haven't needed to use the local oestrogen creams since having it ( I was very sensitive to them the fillers in both ) .....I still use YES oil based smothered everyday just to look after a rather expensive area 😳 as you no.

I am on oestrogel re HRT and utrogestin ( having a 3 month break from utrogestin gynae suggestion ).

Re MLT patience is the key , healing takes 6 eeeks after each procedure ....I don't understand why you don't have it internally however , as having the anterior wall layered also helps the bladder .

I admin a secret FB group for VA and a few are in the throws of having MLT at the moment .

Did a gynae with the initials T do your procedure.

Also Testosterone helps many in the vulva area , but do one thing at a time as you won't no what's friend or foe .....I have been at this for 5/6 years, and the only real help has been MLT , allowing the estring to work better along with the HRT.

Good luck , it's the pits and is a life time of management as you no MLT needs a yearly top up . 😊

Eviepf

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »

Thank you both

Zara69 - we do sound quite similar and it really is the absolute pits. Do you have the same as I did with the Ovestin. i.e. no apparent burning when you apply it, but terrible soreness and burning after a few days of regular use? I wonder whether it might be better than Vagifem for vaginal use, as presumably the cream that does work down would then help the outer area but, given the stinging/burning of last weekend, I'd be very reluctant to try that. At least Vagifem doesn't irritate me. I'm really hoping that it might be thrush-related (what a thing to be hoping for...).

Maryjane - it is indeed Miss T. I'm on your group and decided to see her as I know she was who you went to. I just wanted to ask someone who could tell me straight about possible use for mainly external/bladder problems, as Dr Google had not been very helpful. I thought she was great - she gave me the info I needed and was honest about the fact that my vagina looks fine. She did say that she 'might' think about internal MLT treatment at some point, after I'd had the external lasering, so we'll see how things go.

xx

Maryjane

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »

Goodo.....injabe no idea who you are 🙈 forget immediately once I have joined ladies....hope it helps and don't expect miracles over night. 😊💐

jillzrz

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »

Hi all - new here. What an incredible forum. Have had a difficult time getting oesteogel ( wish i had bought in Spain). Bought my first one and the uveg one, from an online company - then told doctor . So she has prescribed 1 month only on nhs. So that's a start. But she had no idea about the 1 week with uve ( progesterone sorry can't remember name). Please can anyone let me know if they take a break from Estrogel for 1 week to take the progesterone. Many thank yous. Also can anyone point me to who miss T is in uk Doc

Dancinggirl

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM jillzrz

I am relieved to hear you have gone to your GP about this - one shouldn't buy HRT without appropriate medical advice really.  Anyway, Oestrogel should be used every day(no breaks) and the progesterone is added for 10-12 days each month. I think you have Utrogestan? If it is Utrogestan then you take 200mg (at bedtime) each month.  Your GP should find this under 'micronised progesterone' in his/her book of drugs. Utrogestan(micronised progesterone) is also used for fertility treatment so isn't listed under HRT - your GP may have to do a bit of hunting in this book.
Look under TREATMENTS at the top of this page and in the ‘Progesterone' section you will see Utrogestan - print off this info and show it to the GP.  Taking Utrogestan for 7 days per month is not licensed on the NHS - it's supposed to be at least 10 days each month, however some women do get away with the 7 days if they are seeing a private gynaecologist and getting regular scans to make sure their womb lining isn't building up - the NHS won't give regular scans as standard as it's too expensive!!!  Some women also use Utrogestan vaginally (again not licensed in the UK). The importance of progesterone is to protect the uterus (womb) lining from building up, so it's a very important part of HRT.  In peri menopause, and for some time into post meno, one needs to use HRT sequentially -  used sequentially there should be a withdrawal bleed each month starting a couple of days after finishing the 10-12 days of progesterone pills.  Once you are well into post menopause then progesterone can be used continuously and if using it continuously (so every day alongside the oestrogen) this will usually result in no bleeding at all after the first few weeks.
Do read up all the factual info  on this site about the menopause and the various treatments and get really clued up on the menopause. It's much safer to seek professional medical advice before embarking on any drug or hormone treatment.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sorry, don't understand you question about “who is MissT”  ???!!!   DG x

Dandelion

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:42 PM »

I can recommend this clinic online

http://www.onlineclinicuk.ltd.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapZXmk1_ZUEuFXsibtJzCpmfLMkuoGF6fISKBzgP91cmTkQ0aemnPRIaAoASEALw_wcB

I used it when I wanted to try oestrogel.  You have to answer questions and you can allow them to contact to your gp (I did this and oestrogel then appeared on my NHS repeats)

I needed help along with vagifem and ovestin was great.  It got to be a palava with oestrogen and test gels plus vagifem and ovestin cream so I upped my vagifem to 5-7 weekly and now rarely need the ovestin

You're not being irresponsible by looking online at reputable dispensers and they don't give you an answer straight away and may contact you for further info before prescribing

I still use them sometimes when I want oestrogel as opposed to Drs oestrodose
Thanks for the link, would they prescribe progesterone cream as I want a progesterone i can taper off, as I am addicted to valium and when i come off hrt, the micronised progesterone i am on, when suddenly withdrawn, as its cross tolerant with valium, will knock me off my feet and have me bedridden whereas I could taper the cream.
I cannot find it anywhere.
thanks

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 11:53:10 PM »

I'm not sure they'd do prog cream, but I haven't looked.  The cream is so weak I'd doubt they do but you can buy it online , try Amazon

X

Dandelion

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »

I'm not sure they'd do prog cream, but I haven't looked.  The cream is so weak I'd doubt they do but you can buy it online , try Amazon

X
Am interested in proper prescription prog cream like the americans get, the weaker stuff wouldnt help me at all, but thanks.

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »

I thought you meant the stronger stuff, but I've never heard of it here in uk

Mary G

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »

Dandelion, I think you are referring to compounded progesterone which is made up to a specific prescription in pharmacies in the US.  I don't know anything about it but I suppose you could make some enquiries in the US and see if they could ship it to you?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 09:10:37 AM »

Progesterone creams are possibly very unstable - there must be a reason why a gel or cream progesterone isn't available.  Please don't use compounded hormones - there are very clear warnings from many professional sources about these, as they aren't regulated so coddle be potentially harmful.  Hopefully one day, there will be something other than Utrogestan that will be effective with fewer side effects.  DG x
Pages: 1 [2]