Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: gynecologist visit  (Read 1407 times)

am#

gynecologist visit
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:49:22 PM »

Hi i would say been peri for about a year during the year missed 2 periods but then they always come back , i was referred to gynecologist as i'd had some continuous bleeding for about 6 weeks not much just a stain , my periods are heavy for 2 or 3 days , my gp thought it was all hormonal but prefered it was checked out .
The gynecologist gave me a transvaginal ultrasound and then said would do biopsy from uterus as he could see a  mass of mucous , he said he thought it was as my period was due but wanted to check it out , that was tuesday and now i'm abit more worried as my period hasnt come :-\ , i had a clear smear in june ,but he said what he took was much further up .
I have an appointment to go back in december , and the way it works here(i live abroad) if they find anything in biopsy they call you to go back earlier.
Has anyone had anything similar , i'm on not hrt or anything but he did prescribe me something to take if my period is heavy.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: gynecologist visit
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:34 PM »

I think that if the Consultant was at all concerned you would have been given an earlier appt. - maybe ring the Secretary for reassurance?

am#

Re: gynecologist visit
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »

I think that if the Consultant was at all concerned you would have been given an earlier appt. - maybe ring the Secretary for reassurance?
Thankyou CLKD , my period now came and my gp has assured me if anything important came up in biopsy they would ring me with earlier appointment.

I have also started taking tranexemic acid , i hope for no side effects.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:43:35 PM by sam# »