Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradiol blood level 242pg/ml ?  (Read 1171 times)

Kkay

Estradiol blood level 242pg/ml ?
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »

Hi everybody,

Some advice please

On 2 puffs of Oestrodose my mood was totally flat and I wasn't interested in anything and I had a couple of other symptoms I usually get with low estrogen (very sore tongue and a stitch in my side) .

I added half a puff and my mood improved and the other symptoms went away. But my breasts got sore and there was a lot of moisture down below.

I had my blood levels checked; serum Estradiol was 242 pg/ml and FSH is 30 mIU/ml

I know that we should go by how we feel rather than what our blood levels are, but what do those wiser than me on this board think of this ? Isn't this rather high ? Should I go back down? Remain at this level ?

Confused.

Hurdity

Re: Estradiol blood level 242pg/ml ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »

Hi Kkay

I am not familiar with that type of oestrogen - is it a nasal spray and are you in UK? We don't have any aerosol type estrogen, and the oestrodose comes as a pump-pack ( I think) rather than an aerosol - at least on NHS? Hopefully someone who is familiar with this type can answer.

Re dosage and levels - yes that is a high level but depends when in your cycle the bloods were taken (as well as where on your body you apply the gel) as one blood test on its own doesn't really tell you a lot. If you are post-meno and your actual levels were consistently that high then maybe you could experience high oestrogen sensations - but sorry - I'm not familiar with what this feels like when adding exogenous oestrogen as I am only on a medium dose and levels are far lower.

Do you take a progestogen as well? If not I presume you have no uterus or have a Mirena. If that is the case and you are feeling otherwise well - then don't worry - just soak it up and enjoy :).

If the breast soreness continues even after a couple of weeks or so on this dose then maybe reduce a little? I can't remember how old you are?

Sorry I can't be of more help but hopefully a gel user may be along or at least someone who also has high oestrgoen levels?

Hurdity x

Kkay

Re: Estradiol blood level 242pg/ml ?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »

Hurdity, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

This is a gel that I apply on my thighs. It is the same gel there was a discussion about some time ago, re whether it was as effective as Estrogel for some people.  Estrogel has been scarce recently and Oestrodose has been offered as a substitute. The two are supposed to be the same, but there's a good group of women who find Estrogel better (I'm one of them)

I am 56.

I take progesterone every three months