Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: menopausal rage  (Read 3339 times)

janey.s

menopausal rage
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »

I'm  33 and have been diagnosed with the menopause although I still bleed sporadically. I'm so annoyed, not because of my diagnosis but because of the symptoms.  I can't control my rage. I'm not on any meds but I wish there was something I could take because I have children 13 and 7. Honestly I'd rather die than feel like this,  on top of this I'm battling a pain killer addiction and i have been clean for 2 yrs but I only got clean because the pills made me angry. I feel like what's the point, maybe I should kill myself

Woodlands

Re: menopausal rage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:15:17 PM »

Hey there.
Wow, look how far you have come, mum to two beautiful kids, and fought the battle of addiction...
One step at a time, be kind to you and those awesome children, see the doc, call Samaritan in times of need. Do you get help with your children? Not meaning to pry but maybe family or their dad can help just now.
Let us help where we can.
Woodlands xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

Ah so sorry your feeling so low, you need to speak to the doctor about HRT the way your feeling and possibly antideprents, don't wait any longer as sounds like your at the brink of all you can take.
Did they do blood tests ect? I can't believe they have not put you on HRT being so young.

Please don't feel like your going mad or alone as a lot on here feel like that so you can talk to us xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »

Rages can take over, Prozac gave me  :cuss: ........ maybe have the Samaritans support Number by your 'phone as well as checking whether there is a walk-in MIND centre in your area.  When my friend killed himself they were really useful, gave lots of support and although I didn't go there, I felt I would have been given space in which to dwell. 

If the body is hungry a person can become angry, think of a baby when it wants feeding, it doesn't hold back no the screams!  Also, people get angry when frightened or if their needs aren't being met.

What would you like to do to ease your feelings?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »

How much support do you get for the pain killer 'addiction'.  It is really common and is quite easy to begin to rely on medication, then the withdrawal headaches can make people go back to what is safer.  Hopefully your GP or addiction group have ways and ideas to maintain a sense of control.  I believe that Dec or Ant  :-\ is currently undergoing supportive withdrawal?  Hopefully you keep well hydrated as this can ease aches and pains. 

Your children are now old enough to be given chores around the house to help - keeping rooms tidy, light dusting, rubbish to the bins etc..  Maybe have a written rota on the fridge for them to look at each evening, ready for tomorrow's duties?  Perhaps talk with them to see which help they would be prepared to offer .........

Some ladies find that keeping a menopausal mood/symptom/food diary useful.   A dietician may be useful too to give advice on how your overall eating plan may impact on mood swings.

I was advised to eat every 3 hours ........ 24/7, and find that this routine really has helped.  It's about spreading my meal choices across my day/night rather than adding more food.

You are not alone.  Although you feel despair this can pass.  There is also the 'daisy' web-site for advice, details in the green banner above.

janey.s

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »

Thank you so much for all your replies. I don't know about anyone else but ive really struggled with being listened to by my health care professionals and because of all the antidepressants that I hands tried that haven't worked I'm reluctant to try anymore. I'm also undergoing investigationso into the possibility of having add which I've learnt is also a symptom of perimenopause. I have another appointment with my doctor tomorrow so I'll ask /beg for some help in sorting my moods out. I knew yesterday was a bad day but ive just read over my message and no wonder everyone is so concerned 😯 I honestly don't want to kill myself I want to kill the anger, I'm not an angry person I'll eat regularly and see mydoc AND look into daisy🐈,  thank you all so much.xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »

You keep venting, does us good tha' knows  ;)

When I have issues I take a list to my GP so that nothing is missed.  He often takes it from me to read then we work through together.

I also found that having a bean bag to kick helped.  Years ago when angry I would throw stuff, though nothing of value  ::).  I've been known to kick a hole through a door  :-\ .........

Because GPs have a short time in which to listen to patients, I have found that by making a double appt. helps both of us not to feel rushed.   Is that an option you could use at your Surgery? 

add ?  :-\

How R U today?

Cooper15

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »

I suffered similar rages and Doctor prescribed sertraline which has been a life saver.  These also helped with hot flushes and now in combination with femoston 2/10 feel like a new person. Extreme tiredness gone.

Don't suffer in silence visit your GP x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 02:00:36 PM »

How R U today?  Make a list if you go to your Practice Nurse or GP ;-)

liauq

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »

The rages are amazing, aren't they?
It's a bit like every woman has got an "incredible hulk" inside us but we don't go green!
I've even thought about having a punchbag fitted in the garage.
Just remember that you are not alone and good luck in your menopause journey.x