Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tight chest/knotted feeling  (Read 1327 times)

Tiredandforgetful

Tight chest/knotted feeling
« on: September 30, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »

Hi all,

I was diagnosed about 3 months ago and have been on ellesteduet 1mg for 2.5 months. A couple of weeks ago I felt a tightness in the middle of my chest. Not so much a pain but uncomfortable. It feels like the feeling you get when really nervous. This has revisited me about three times and I currently have it now. Is this related to the menopause or drugs?

Thanks in advance

dazned

Re: Tight chest/knotted feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »

Hi ,it sounds like anxiety to me. I suffered it badly,and yes that can be a Meno symptom.

Tiredandforgetful

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »

Thanks for responding Dazned. I've never suffered from anxiety before but I wondered if that could be it. How did you/do you alleviate the symptoms?

dazned

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »

I'd never had anxiety,panic attacks before,was always a confident,outgoing person,then what out of the blue....😕
I tried numerous HRT regimes unsuccessfully ,eventually I settled down on an AD and thankfully never looked back. Hope you get sorted out soon.☺

Tiredandforgetful

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:33:51 AM »

Gosh. I'm a bit worried about AD, it just feels so extreme and what about side effects? A friend of mine was on them for depression and she said it inhibited all of her emotions including happiness. Another said they make him drowsy (and I generally feel tired enough). To be fair I have very little knowledge of them other than this so perhaps I don't have a balanced view.

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 07:08:45 AM »

I've tried a few AD's was on citalapram for 15 years and was ok, but stopped working so changed last year, I took a few with side effects like couldn't get to sleep ect but settled on venlafaxine which have helped loads,xxx

rebel2

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »

I tried citalopram two years ago - it stopped my panic attacks and damped down the anxiety, but I felt very flat and emotionless.  I now have a prescription for sertraline as my [very young] GP said they don't prescribe citalopram any more, but am honestly too scared to take them as I don't want the side effects or the flat feeling.

But appreciate they are life savers for a lot of people.