Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT decision  (Read 965 times)

Nellie Noo

HRT decision
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:25:04 AM »

Could I please ask for some advice . I have now decided to go on Hrt ( already on vagifem ) and I have made an appointment to see my GP this week. I am 53 and peri menopausal,  and so probably only need a low dose Hrt. I really don't want a tablet as I suffer from acid reflux and I have also read about the benefits of a patch ( by passing liver etc. ) My concern is that when I have had a look at the  Hrt preparations for peri menopausal symptoms, the patch is a medium dose.  I am concerned that this may be too much oestrogen . I suppose I could try it out and see ....... Flipping Heck it's a mine field ! X

Butterfly22

Re: HRT decision
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:20 AM »

How about trying the gel as you can tweak it xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »

I think that some cut the patch in half initially.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

Like Butterfly98, I would definitely recommend you try Oestrogel having used both patches and gel myself.  As your hormones are still fluctuating, you need an HRT regime that is very flexible (you could start on one pump every day) and the gel gives you a very quick hit of oestrogen if needed and it is very easy to adjust the dose up or down.  Also, it is easy to use (you simply rub it on your skin) and don't have to wear a patch on your backside which, personally, I hated.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »

Thank you ladies ... ok I will ask for the gel. And as for the progesterone part well ... I guess that is trial and error . Thank you x

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »

A lot of ladies seem to use the ustrogen (progestrogen) and vaginally so less side effects maybe this is a good start. Xx