Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: PMT after period  (Read 1184 times)

Spangles

PMT after period
« on: September 22, 2017, 06:22:30 AM »

Hi ladies,
I've not posted for a while.
Does anyone get really bad pmt and anxiety at the end of their period?
Strange I know, but this month is really bad. I went out last night for food and ended up having a pizza with lots of cheese and goats cheese, later on I was bloated, feeling sick, anxious and running to the loo. The anxiety is still with me this morning and I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach!
I've noticed I often get like this at some point during or after my period, low mood, intrusive thoughts, no energy, etc.
Does anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Tinkerbellj

Re: PMT after period
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »

Exactly the same here..the week after is nearly worse than the week before..its horrible

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »

Yes I am in the middle of this right now....3-4 days after my period stopped. Almost pre-ovulation time. Feel very anxious, vacant, teaful, brain fog. I just try and remember that I have had this 2-3 times before at the same time (I mark it on my calender) then a week later it clears. It is not a nice place to be.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

Maybe hop over to the NAPS web-site to get advice on eating regime?  That is the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome.  This organisation saved my Life.

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »

Thanks so much ladies, your replies are so reassuring to me, it means a lot xXx :thankyou:

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »

Shelb - I can give you some hope if you are in the middle of this....I have been having the same for the past 4 months; terrible anxiety , brain fog, teary,  loose stools, insomnia just for the week after my period. I had it so bad this month I almost made an emergency GP appointment. However again it HAS cleared after about 7 days. For the last 4 days I have felt completely normal again; all gone. My chemical makeup feels different.  I tried CLKD tips on eating and for me it did help quite a bit - I try and snack healthy(ish) foods every 2 hours at least e.g. bananas / smoothies.  I found it impossible to do any Mindfullness as my brain just races. Exercise helps.  There are several other threads about this 'Madness' as someone called it (GypsyRose & sweetpea I think). I have a docs appointment nxt week as I may think about an AD to take if this horrid week comes again. But know that it WILL lift again. I know last month I thought it never would but it did. I feel like I have a different brain completely when it strikes.