Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to the site any help & advice plz?  (Read 4073 times)

suehill67

Re: New to the site any help & advice plz?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »

Thankyou all for your kind words of support, I have had to take action now as my situation has got worse, my life is good I have an amazing partner but my symptoms have got so bad I couldn't attend my college course due to absolute blind panic & anxiety...my moods are unpredictable & scary so explained all this to my gp who prescribed propananol...didn't really help much after a week or so they had no effect, been prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg tablets today & was hoping to get some feedback & or advice ....do they help with mood swings, brain fog, etc.....thank you ladies look forward to hearing from you all 😍😍

Roseneath

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:13:23 PM »

Hi Sue. I think we joined this forum on the same day. I remember your posts mirroring mine.  Know that you are not alone. I too am on proprananol (40mg once a day)...not sure if it has an effect or not but happy to take it. Over the last 6 weeks I have had terrible days of feeling terrified over my foggy memory, teafullness, anxiety and the inability to string a cohenert sentence together. My worse time has been the week after my period (Days 10-18ish). I got to the stage I didn't want to even go shopping or meet with friends.  Certain things have helped (a little)....keeping calm, exercise, better diet(soya milk, banana, pruce, honey smoothies), cutting sugar and carbs. A glass of wine can lift it a little in the short term but I pay for it with bad sleep and foggyness the next day.  However I must say today things has shifted and I have more clarity and less anxiety.   During that week NOTHING I was doing really made any difference to my overall mood, my brain was in overdrive.  I have a GP appointment next week and am going to ask about ADs and blood tests to try and find which hormones are doing what in the bad week; maybe ones you can just take when you feel particularly low. (Just an aside I was put on Ellestre Duet back in April for insomnia and had horrid side effects; nightmares, headaches, paranoia. GP told me to come off it straight away when I phoned her. A shame as it has put me off HRT completely although I know there are different types. So don't be scared to check in with your GP with a phone call if you want advice en-route or you get sudden new or worsening symptoms.

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »

Thankyou all for your kind words of support, I have had to take action now as my situation has got worse, my life is good I have an amazing partner but my symptoms have got so bad I couldn't attend my college course due to absolute blind panic & anxiety...my moods are unpredictable & scary so explained all this to my gp who prescribed propananol...didn't really help much after a week or so they had no effect, been prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg tablets today & was hoping to get some feedback & or advice ....do they help with mood swings, brain fog, etc.....thank you ladies look forward to hearing from you all 😍😍

Hi there suehill67 - having read back through your posts - HRT should help you more than propanolol and is the recommended treatment for menopause  - in fact I can't think why you were given that by the doc rather than HRT in the first place,  given your symptoms your age and cycle (ie without period for 6 months, flushes, mood swings etc). Anyway at least you've got some now and I do hope you find relief from your symptoms. Hopefully the feel good effect will kick in fairly soon and you will reap the benefits - but don't forget that if it doesn't work after a few weeks - there are plenty of other HRT types to try...

Did you read the article on peri-menopause which explains what's happening in your body:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]