Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Kegel 8 machines.  (Read 2159 times)

jessieblue

Kegel 8 machines.
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »

Has anyone any experience of the kegel machines?  They say they are nhs recommended and i was looking for something to help my rectocele and generally tighten pelvic floor muscles.  I am having mona lisa touch soon to address VA but dont think it will do anything for the prolapse and general weak muscles. Also has anyone had dedicated physiotherapy for this area and was it beneficial.  Thank you ladies.

Keepgoing

Re: Kegel 8 machines.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »

Hi I would be interested to know also if they are any good xx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »

I had physio for complete prolapse back in the early 90s, I had electric tens-machine-like things put up there but I think mine was quite bad so had to have a hysterectomy eventually

jessieblue

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »

Oh sorry to hear that Annie.  It sucks.  I have a rectocele that can give me some trouble on the loo sometimes.  I am hoping to try and keep it all inside tho with the help of something like the kegel 8.  Its about 150 quid so just want to get some feedback as its not cheap. xx

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:03 AM »

I only had the womb taken and refused the cystocele and rectocyle repair.  I'm doing ok all these years on considering I was only 23 when it started