Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Today is National Fitness Day!  (Read 1799 times)

Hurdity

Today is National Fitness Day!
« on: September 27, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »

Today is National Fitness Day!!!  https://www.nationalfitnessday.com/ (so my Zumba Instructor told me ). We had an extra especially energetic  (and exhausting and sweaty!) Zumba session this morning. Tiring but exhilarating.... hope you're all doing your 10 mins (even if seated....). (Active 10 thread...)!! https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/active10/home

:bouncing:   :bouncing:

Hurdity :) x

Emma

• Administrator
Re: Today is National Fitness Day!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »

Be sure to check out all our fitness articles that have appeared in past issues of the Menopause Magazine:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-fitness.php

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »

I better get cleaning the house to get my exercise for the day xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »

Haha - did you manage it Butterfly? I know that housework is really good moderate exercise (unless it's things like dusting - but who does that?! - or ironing) - if it gets your heart going and muscles moving - then great stuff!  In the old days women used to scrub floors on hands and knees and heave wet washing around, not to mention beat carpets! Thank goodness we don't have to do that any more!

I saw one of these health programmes a while back where two groups of people were followed - can't remember the details but two groups ate the same quite high calorie breakfast (including bacon and eggs) - and one group then did nothing much for the morning but went to the gym for an hour's workout. The other group spent all morning doing housework - hoovering and all the things that required movement - but were on the go all the time. They measured the calories burnt in each group and it turned out to be the same - which I found interesting. It did make me look at housework in a different way after that (I normally avoid it as much as possible and keep it to a minimum - still do but go at it energetically when I have to do it  ::) ).

Thanks for the reminder about the articles Emma :)

Hurdity x

dulciana

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »

That makes me feel good about choosing today to get back into my daily-brisk-twenty-minute-walk routine.   :)
Dulciana

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »

20 min walk is perfect 😀

Only did some hoovering hurdity! I'm quite bad with cleaning as in I like the house in pristine condition or I can't relax 😳
I no we moan at little things like "oh my washer has broke" but like you say imagaine back 100 of years! Washing all by hand (clothes would have been filthy) drying! Cleaning the house, beating rugs, cooking! We are lucky when you think back. ☺️ Xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:27 AM »

Haha cleaning the bath room I'm try and stretch get the bingo wings tonned 😁I will be trying jogging when ironing mind I probably end up burning myself I'm a bit clumsy 😂Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »

;D

Dulciana - how fortuitous! I do hope it helps you feel better - certainly blows away the cobwebs and can only be beneficial :)

Hurdity x