Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cutting patches in half. Everol Conti  (Read 6446 times)

littleminnie

Cutting patches in half. Everol Conti
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:45:25 AM »

Went to collect my hrt prescription and the pharmacist told me that I couldn't cut them in half.  She said I would have to leave one on for a week.  >:(
Told her I'd been doing it for 6 months!  She said ok, I'll put that on your notes.  :-\

CarrieM

Re: Cutting patches in half. Everol Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »

;D "I'll put that on your notes naughty girl" haha.
Lots of people cut them, including me. Don't know how leaving it on for a week would make a difference. My pharmacist once gave me Femseven estrogen only patches and told me they were exactly the same as the Femseven conti. If I wasn't clued up I would have taken no progesterone for 3 months xx

jessieblue

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »

Why do you cut them please?  I have been given elvorel conti but havent used them yet.

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »

Because I'm coming off them (hopefully) and you can't get a lower dose patch.

wombat62

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:46:17 PM »

Hi

I've cut my patches in half at times and it's okay to do it with some of them. Some of them have the oestrogen/progesterone in certain spots so it's not wise to do it with them but I'm not sure which ones they are!

At the moment I'm trying to manage on one patch a week as they are scarce as hens teeth again and trying to eke my supplies out. I'm not sure if that's preferable to half a patch twice a week!

Bluebell

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »

Hi littleminnie, I was on Evorel Conti patches. My Doctor told me to start on half a patch.

I started on half a patch for 6 weeks then upped it to a full patch...then back to a half a patch and now I'm on a quarter of a patch and next week I'm coming off them.  They were brilliant at stopping my flushes and night sweats but they made me feel very anxious. I was waking in the night feeling agitated.   😬