Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 6month on help needed  (Read 1491 times)

Ody70

6month on help needed
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:37 PM »

Hello again;I'm 46 and was prescribed prempac (one month) that was discounted so was given elleste was on that for 2months but went crazy when I was on the progesterone so was given femeston been on that for 4 months and still feel like crap. Low moods cholesterol has gone high hair thinning anxious, I went back to the doctors and asked for patches but she said they don't do continuous ones? I had an ablation 8 years ago so haven't bled so need continuous no bleed etc. She has now put me on a higher dose of indivina , I've never heard of this one and was wondering if it has helped anyone? Ive not put any weight on with any of the hrt but do look after myself fitness and health wise. Just feel like giving up on hurt as the doctors haven't a clue , thanks ladies x😘

Yammy1

Re: 6month on help needed
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:28:30 AM »

I can't help you with the types of hrt you're on but from my own experience haven tried hrt, Estradot and divigel i gave up. Every time I tried hrt my symptoms get worse, i.e., more anxious, panicky and low moods. I know there ar a lot of women on here that swear by it but I firmly believe it's not the answer for some people. It's not for me anyway. I know it can take months to work but I feel so bad after a week or so I really don't feel I can wait it out and see if it works. As I said this is just my personal experience but I have read posts from other women who feel the same. Hope you feel better and get sorted whatever you decide.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »

Hi Ody70

Sorry to hear about your symptoms but your doc is wrong - of course they do continuous patches! There are two listed here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php (scroll down) there is Evorel conti or Femseven conti. You will find Indivina there too.

Also if you need a higher dose oestrogen you can take separate patches and progesterone - look at the Treatments tab ( pale green banner above) - under oestrogens and progestogens and you will see them all listed.

Hope it works for you but don't give up hope if it doesn't - there will be one out there that will work I'm sure :) Keep posting!

Hurdity x

Ody70

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »

Thanks ladies, I knew there was a continuous one 😩 She said I had trouble with the norethisterone and there were no continuous patches without that in!! But I see there is, I think the daily progesterone doesn't help! I asked her if there was a clinic I could go too to see alternatives she said no! She even got the book out as she didn't know what to give me next, I feel like giving up but I won't , so going to have to stay a few months on these now , fingers crossed they don't make me feel worse than I already do, thanks again ladies you are a great help 😘 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »

Maybe have a look at the green banner above.  Do a search in your area for Clinics as well as looking at the web-sites of your local hospitals, or ring the Gyane secretaries to find out what services are offered.