Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What can you do for bad mood/irritability if you are already taking HRT?  (Read 1422 times)

Noheroicsplease

Exactly that. I feel really on edge a lot, as if I'm gritting my teeth. I want to leave my life on a daily basis. It's how I felt a bit before I started HRT. My waking at 3am is back too.

What does this mean? Do I need to readjust HRT? I have upped estrogel to 2 pumps a day. I have the coil. It doesn't feel like it's dojng anything. I exercise A LOT.

Please help before I get slapped with divorce papers.

Lizab

Re: What can you do for bad mood/irritability if you are already taking HRT?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »

How long have you been on 2 pumps?

I really don't know. I'm not on anything and my method has been to apologize profusely and ask/acknowledge if I'm being overly snappy. That seems to work for those closest to me. They try to be understanding and forgiving. I hide from the rest of the world lately.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »

When you up to 2 pumps?

How is your diet over-all?  Waking early is a classic sign of depression.  Also if someone has broken sleep patterns, they may well be irritable.

peri

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

Mirena made my mood flat noheroicsplease, that's why I had it removed.  Also, what's your diet like?  Foods which boost your mood include: oats, fish, eggs, spinach, Brazil nuts, bananas, chicken and Turkey and especially advocado.  + cut down on any processed food and sugar (apologies if you've done this already x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »

I started 2 pumps about a week ago. I'm not depressed - well, feeling like this is depressing me but I have been clinically depressed before (a long time ago) and it's nothing like this. THe abrupt awaking in the night was one of the key perimenopausal symptoms that haunted me for about a year.

My diet is excellent. I eat tons of 'mood foods'.

Maybe it is the mirena. I am so confused. And if I take it out, but feel worse...what then?

x

peri

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:58:38 AM »

I know it's a gamble.  I felt brilliant when I had mirena removed as the prog left my system, mood lifted and libido came back.  On the regime I'm on now through I do struggle with utrogestan withdrawal, on balance I prefer it though.  It's been said lots of times before but I wish there were more options re progesterone, and I'm always on the lookout for something new - here's hoping x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »

I agree Peri. The prog options are limited. My friend does the utrogestan regime. She says she feels differnet on the prog days too. I guess that's the rub. Nothing is perfect.