Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pain in back of right shoulder!  (Read 1922 times)

robotwars

Pain in back of right shoulder!
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:13:25 AM »

Hi has anyone ever had this before, I went to bed fine at 11pm on Monday night, woke up at 1am, with awful pain at the top of my back on right side, just where the bottom of your arm joins your back, if you see what I mean!
It felt awful, just couldn't get comfortable, so ended up getting up and taking painkillers, applying muscular gel etc, but its now Friday and its not as painful as it was but when I cough or take a deep breath in it hurts, rest of the time you can just feel its there and feels uncomfortable, and today my whole body just aches and feel so tired. Has anyone else had this, cant believe it happened while I was asleep!!!

Annie0710

Re: Pain in back of right shoulder!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »

I got similar to you in left side.  It gradually got worse and I'd wake crying most mornings with the pain.  I paid to see a chiropractor and it eventually went but I had it about 8 weeks before I got treatment

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »

I first experienced the same pain about 4 years ago on the first night of holiday when I had eaten some fish and chips. I had a few bouts of diarrohea as well but the pain was awful and I couldn't get comfortable. It went after a day or two but over the years, it has come back a few times. I did wonder if it was gallbladder related?

Or perhaps in your case it is muscular if it woke you up? You may have been sleeping in an awkward position?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »

Snooze is right - pain in the top right side of the back is often the gall bladder giving problems.
Cut out as much fat as possible. DG x