Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lorraine Kelly experiece - HRT cure ???  (Read 7372 times)

yriches65

Lorraine Kelly experiece - HRT cure ???
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »

Hi All,

Still searching for the holy grail for the M madness....

Saw the Lorraine Kelly interview the other day ref her experience of menopause....

Aware she said here HRT regime was patches.... does anyone know the type of patch and the dosage ???

Big Hugs

Yx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lorraine Kelly experiece - HRT cure ???
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:44:02 PM »

Hi!  are you able to see the programme on iPlayer-type ?

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »

I saw this too, she doesn't actually say what she takes, but she does say she applies 2 a week, that does narrow it down, as I thought there was only 2 types of patches, evorel and femseven, I thought evorel was twice a week and femseven once a week, I might be wrong.....

yriches65

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »

Hi CKLD..

Yep watched the itv player.... but she only mentions 2 patches on her bottom.... doesn't mention which patches, whether Estradiol or Estradiol / Progesterone

Big Hugs

Y x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »

In my opinion then, it wasn't worth the air-time?  Maybe send an e-mail to the Producer of the Show for more info.?

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »

Yes I find it both encouraging and frustrating when 'celbs' come out about their meno experiences. I was watching what I thought was Yvette Fielding talk about her Peri experiences and it turned out to be an sponsored advert for skin cream! We generally just get ' yes I felt bad but I found a regime which suited me (what? tell me? name names?! HRT? ADs? What?! ) and now I feel pretty great and look fantastic on screen with all my top end make up on. I guess if you havethe clout and the money then it must be a bit easier...just ask your agent to book you a probably free appointment with a couple of top Meno consultants, take a few weeks off work and hit the sun.  Meanwhite back on the two week waiting list for a trainee doctor/ locum in back of beyond........ :cuss:

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

Yes - it is like that with a lot of menopause stuff.

It is all 'I have a menopause' ok  ::) 'I know what it's like'  ??? 'and it is all sorted with face cream/ incontinence knickers'  :-\  <Scenes of tall thin woman cavorting happily with grandchildren>

Any actual information is a bit thin.  That is why I came onto this site  8)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:47:36 PM by dahliagirl »

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »

I get frustrated that they announce this fantastic regime with gels etc then don't give details of exactly what they are using

I was watching Loose Women last year and that 'sarai ' (sp?) was saying how she has zero libido and has given hubby permission to get it elsewhere......so many women wrote in saying they're the same then months later she appeared on CBB saying she's got an amazing Sex drive now.  Sorry but I think as she went public she now owes it to the many women to explain what her miracle cure is

Snoooze

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »

I don't think Saira Khan has mentioned menopause. She just said she was 46, had two kids and was too busy. I think once she embarrassed her husband on Loose Women it made them sit down and talk and she said they spent more time together and that was the reason she got her sex life back on track.

As for Lorraine...hm, not convinced. Jumping on a bandwagon springs to mind plus her programme will be tackling the 'taboo' subject this autum in 'The Big M'. There are no details on the Lorraine website about her regime and nothing on her twitter. I imagine it's all been saved for the new Menopause slot in the autumn.

In fact, the only one I truly believe about her menopausal journey was Beverley Callard (Liz from Coronation Street). she actually had to have time off work as well whereas although Carol Vorderman and Lorraine say how unhappy they felt and how their was no joy in their life they still managed to be their happy, smiley selves and continue on Live TV etc.

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »

Snooze I totally agree, Liz was definitely suffering, it's only recently I can watch things about menopause as if get upset thinking stop blinking moaning I've had it since I was 25. I no we all have our own problems but I was angry I started so young and a bit upset to be honest.
It's weird as you do here the stories of wonderful HRT! "I took it and back to myself" ect.
A lot of ladies never go back to themselves and struggle to find an HRT and when they do it ain't no wonder drug!

I felt robbed and a freak for years and do still feel upset so hearing woman brave in there 50's talking about it doesn't exactly make me feel appreciative, sorry if I sound bitter I probably am 😢Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:11 PM »

Ladies
I think it would be unwise for anyone during an interview or programme, that featured meno issues, to actually say what they are using HRT wise. 
As we know from reading this forum, everybody is different and what works for one women won't necessarily suit another.
I could just imagine women rushing to their GPs to demand they be prescribed what a particular celebrity was using, despite doing fine on their current HRT.
No HRT will be perfect.
What is sad is that GPs are not more clued up on the various HRT treatments so women are helped to find what works for them.
All the info you need is on this site - don't follow the very mixed messages we get from the media.  DG x

Snoooze

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:04:13 PM »

I thought Carol Vorderman revealed her regime which was the Professor Studd one?

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4501426/Carol-Vorderman-says-NHS-offer-women-bespoke-HRT.html

She says that the NHS refuses to prescribe bio identical hormones but I thought that most of HRT nowadays was bio identical?

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »

Yes, CKLD - another bit of misinformation via the media.  All very annoying.  They really should get their facts right before they broadcast as it's very irresponsible to give false information.

This obsession with bio identicals is misleading as well, most HRTs now contain bio identical oestrogen and Utrogestan ( bio identical progesterone) doesn't suit everyone - I personally had more side effects from Utrogestan than any other type of progesterone.

I would urge women to stop taking notice of the media stuff and get clued up using this site.
DG x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 07:58:28 PM »

Thanks DG - why bother mentioning a 'cure' or helpful medication if they aren't prepared to go the whole hog!

As a meander, I have had great success in contacting Producers about various programmes ....... in two cases getting in contact with people with hobbies of interest to me.