Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bits in urine  (Read 2325 times)

jessieblue

Bits in urine
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »

Sorry last post I promise.  Having been in a much better place lately I have been able to risk having some intimacy with my poor patient husband in recent few weeks.  Its been ok, no pain and so far no uti which is my biggest worry. Yesterday however I noticed some white floaty bits in my urine only a few and the sample was clear and normal colour otherwise.  I also know I have seen these on occasion before and worried about it.......I have a tendancy to be paranoid about uti and so probably look way too closely at this stuff.  I had to ban myself from looking in the toilet after going because I was worrying all the time and when I did a dip test they were fine.  So Im trying not to go down that road again but just curious as to whether anyone else gets them or not and if it could be considered normal?  Many thanks x

Machair

Re: Bits in urine
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »

I get these a lot- for me they are a reminder to drink more as I get kidney gravel and stones. It may be you have some slight gravel in your urinary tract somewhere causing inflammation. I would collect your urine for a couple of days and drink as much as you can- you might pass a tiny stone!

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »

Hi Jessieblue

I use vagifem a couple of times a week and the following morning there are white floaty bits in my urine I understand from this site that it is coating of the tablets and nothing to worry about.
I don't know if use vagifem but if you do this could be what you are seeing. If not then I  suggest you follow Machairs advice.

Pleased to hear you have been feeling better recently.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

It's probably normal.  The bladder shedding.

jessieblue

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I  know I have worried about it before.  last year when I had a uti i got into the habit of being paranoid about having another one.  So i would test my urine with strips at home if I got worried.  But because of the VA I do get irritable bladder without infection so I can whizz myself up a bladder anxiety storm in no time.  I had cystoscopy and ultrasound last year and nothing sinister was found so I think it may just be normal for me.  Its nice to hear others have had them.  It seems some people do. Thanks for the reassurance.