Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT which one?  (Read 1542 times)

Rosie2

HRT which one?
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:27 AM »

Hello everyone,

Can someone please give me any idea as to which HRT I should try next. I had Elleste Duet Conti , which my doctor took me off after a month, due to horrendous breast pain, and also my mood had got very much worse than before HRT. I had turned into a nasty old woman ( I'm only 53, ha ha ha!). I have been period free for 3 years in December. The doctor then put me on Femoston ultra low dose?, within a day my flushes had began to break through again (although not as bad as before), but my sleep is once again disturbed, all night. I am at my wits end. The breasts pain has also almost gone.
I phoned my doctor after a week on Femoston, to ask about maybe higher dose or even patches?, but she never even called me back! I was put on her telephone call list.
So now I feel like I have been dropped ! I have an appointment booked for 17/10/17, so if anyone can please advise on what I should be asking for it would be a big help.
I know I haven't been on HRT for long, & i have read that it sometimes takes a while for it to begin to help with symptoms,  but the way I have so far been affected with the mood, particularly the Rage, is unbearable,  my poor husband is so good with me too, not sure how he copes with me.
I am so sorry to waffle on, but I just don't know what else to do. I will not read what I have wrote before I post it, otherwise, I would probably delete it.
x

Butterfly22

Re: HRT which one?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »

Morning, it may be worth looking at the tab at the top and doing research on the different options, I've just tried them both (elleste and femeston) and did not agree with me.
A lot of ladies seem good with the gel and and a separate progestrogen this may be a good option to try xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »

I did a long reply post which clearly didn't upload - very frustrating.
The low dose Femoston may take longer to work but you may find you start to feel benefits soon. If you are feeling ok on this HRT type but meno symptoms are still not full under control, then do try the higher dose. You may want to switch to a sequential version and put up with a monthly bleed so you don't have to take progesterone all the time - this can reduce the negative progesterone   effects.its about finding a balance with any HRT - so benefits versus side effects. Nothing will be perfect.
Higher doses can sometimes mean more side effects so see how you feel in the next couple of weeks - beware of chopping and changing as the body needs time to adjust and settle with any HRT. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »

Hi Rosie2 - I replied on your first thread about this.

Please do not worry about what you write - that's what this forum is for - to let off steam and to get support and help if you need it!

It could well be the progestogens in the HRT that are causing the problem. Ideally you should wait 3 months on a particular type to see whether the side effects settle - which they do in many cases especially if you have been without oestrogen for so long, and also to let your body acclimatise to the progestogen  and calm down.

However in your situation I would consider changing to a cyclical HRT - and then at least you will know if it's the progestogen causing the problem. You will get a bleed but if the preparation works for you , you could then try the conti version (no bleed).

As Butterfly says gel and progesterone is a good option - with hormones that are most "natural" to our bodies (structurally the same as our own). I use patches (Estradot) which have always worked for me - you would need 50 mcg ideally (or maybe more?) - with progesterone (Utrogestan). 

I've never felt any sort of rage on HRT ( although the norethisterone in Evorel sequi gave me migraines). Hopefully you will also be able to find a combo which works for you  :)

Hurdity x

Snap Dancinggirl! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »

If there are several threads running maybe they should be merged  :-\

Rosie2

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »

Hi, thank you all for your replies.

Sorry if I have been using the site wrong, and have more than one thread going. I am not very good with these things. Ha ha ha!  x