Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone in Leeds on testosterone?!  (Read 3571 times)

Hurdity

Re: Anyone in Leeds on testosterone?!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »

Hurdity, most of it is in the States where they use more Premarin and more T, I think.  There is also a formula that includeds premarin and T. For you search Premarin and testosterone you will find it. I'm not sure if it's still available. I have come across that T is more effective with transdermal than oral, but that includes estradiol as well as conjugated.  Thinking aloud, it's got to be more than SHBG as the different progestegens would also play a part in the efficacy as some bind and some don't.  There are T receptors in the vagina so I wonder if that affects different people's responses, like with Vagifem. It also stimulates the ovaries, which would be different for peri and post.

It is interesting.  I'd be interested to know more. I'll have a look, but at the moment I've moved to researching and sorting out my p. We need more individual choices of Ps. I wish we had the one that was on e market in the States where you take it for three days and then break for three days and then take it for another three days. It's norestimate, which I found friendly in the pill.  I saw that gestodene was in a trial but can't see where it is in coming to market.  Hurdity, it would be great if you have any info on pipeline products.

I've looked up what is available in the States and it is interesting that they produce a tablet with oestrogen and testosterone in it ( I didn't know this)  - but the testosterone is particular is methyltestosterone - which is structurally different from testosterone - the biologically identical form in use in UK. In addition the oestrogens in the tablet are either esterified oestrogens (related to estrone) or conjugated equine estrogens  (like Premarin). Any effect on libido and when taken in conjunction with these different oestrogens I imagine will not be comparable with the results of Intrinsa due to the  major difference in testosterone. I am sure there will be some testing somewhere.....

Haha Katia - sorry I am not privy to any such information - although sometimes things pop up (from US alerts) that are not approved yet here....

Hope your bug is better soon vintagefiend! When you're better would be interested to hear what your doc said ....

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:15 PM »

Hurdity, I wish we were privy to more of what's in the pipeline. I've sent Bayer a message to ask, but not had a response. Wonder how we could find out?  There's got to be more products coming

Katia

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »

Hurdity, I was reading that most of our e when we are younger actually comes from T, so there must be some conversion that happens that maybe we lose with meno?  Have you come across anything on this? 
Pages: 1 [2]