Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Have finished the 2 weeks of Vagifem 10ug so now twice a week?  (Read 3902 times)

greenECLECtus28

Have finished the 2 weeks of Vagifem 10ug so now twice a week?
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »

Howdy

I have been put on the above to try and help with persistent recurrent UTI by my Urologist and after a spell in hospital last week on intravenous antibiotics gentomycin and amoxil I am also now being put on a prophylactic antibiotic for 6 months.

I have just finished the 2 weeks of the vagifem where I had to take it every night so if I am understanding things correctly I now have to take it twice a week so took it last night and was thinking next dose would be Thursday evening then every Monday and Thursday does this sound correct.

Cheers :)

greenECLECtus28

Vagifem 10ug finished 2 weeks now twice a week?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »

Howdy

Sorry posted this message in other health discussions but think it should have been in this one ;D

I have been put on the above to try and help with persistent recurrent UTI by my Urologist and after a spell in hospital last week on intravenous antibiotics gentomycin and amoxil I am also now being put on a prophylactic antibiotic for 6 months.

I have just finished the 2 weeks of the vagifem where I had to take it every night so if I am understanding things correctly I now have to take it twice a week so took it last night and was thinking next dose would be Thursday evening then every Monday and Thursday does this sound correct.

Cheers :)

Annie0710

Re: Vagifem 10ug finished 2 weeks now twice a week?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:44:27 AM »

Yes it does but just be mindful that it may not be enough.... for me vagifem x 5/7 weekly keeps internal and external VA ok x

Annie0710

Re: Have finished the 2 weeks of Vagifem 10ug so now twice a week?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

I thought I replied to this....

You are correct but twice a week isn't enough for me so I do 5/7 times a week and it sorts inside as well as outside for me

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 05:43:36 PM »

Hi there

Yes easier to keep to the same two (or three) days per week (although I often forget and just pop one in whenever I remember  ::) ). As Annie0710 says some women need it more often, and also if you had bad VA some women are actually advised to do a longer "loading" period ie every day - eg for  another week or two - just to plump everything up - before reducing to the maintenance dose.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 06:08:40 PM »

Some ladies need to use it every night as the current dose ain't enough to keep symptoms away. 

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 07:37:01 PM »

Hi

Sorry again as I posted this twice by mistake so sorry if you've posted twice or you think you're reliving Groundhog Day  :)

I'm hoping the combination of this and the antibiotic will help with the UTI's because I have Spina Bifida I don't have a lot of feeling down there so wasn't gettting any itching or the other symptoms some ladies have been getting I was put on it purely to help the UTI's as far as I'm aware. The Urologist didn't advise anything regarding dosage to myself although could maybe be in his letter to my GP do you think I should speak to the GP before cutting it down to twice a week? Although I'm guessing the urologist would have given the prescription that was on the front to the pharmacist although from reading the instructions it does seem to be the standard dose, but obviously I want to be as well protected down that area as well with the vagifem would it do any harm to continue it nightly until I get an appointment?

Just as a matter of interest don't know if it's coincidence but around about the time I started it I have been getting tenderness in my breasts again which I always had when I had my period but it doesn't seem to be one of the side effects on the leaflet so maybe I'm having a bit of a hormone fluctuation anyway

Thanks again ladies for all your replies  :)

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »

UPDATE BY ADMIN
Topics merged

Hi

Sorry again as I posted this twice by mistake so sorry if you've posted twice or you think you're reliving Groundhog Day  :)

I'm hoping the combination of this and the antibiotic will help with the UTI's because I have Spina Bifida I don't have a lot of feeling down there so wasn't gettting any itching or the other symptoms some ladies have been getting I was put on it purely to help the UTI's as far as I'm aware. The Urologist didn't advise anything regarding dosage to myself although could maybe be in his letter to my GP do you think I should speak to the GP before cutting it down to twice a week? Although I'm guessing the urologist would have given the prescription that was on the front to the pharmacist although from reading the instructions it does seem to be the standard dose, but obviously I want to be as well protected down that area as well with the vagifem would it do any harm to continue it nightly until I get an appointment?

Just as a matter of interest don't know if it's coincidence but around about the time I started it I have been getting tenderness in my breasts again which I always had when I had my period but it doesn't seem to be one of the side effects on the leaflet so maybe I'm having a bit of a hormone fluctuation anyway

Thanks again ladies for all your replies  :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:36:25 AM by Emma »

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:05 PM »

Not sure about the tender breasts but wanted to add that twice weekly kept my UTIs away but within maybe 6-8 months of starting vagifem I developed VA externally, hence why I now do 5-7 weekly.  I was using ovestin externally along with vagifem but tried upping vagifem and cutting out ovestin and this works for both.  I guess if the feeling is compromised with you it's worth you keeping a check visually on the outside.

I did hear inserting 1x vagifem daily is equivalent to 1mg oestrogen pill orally per year so really no harm in maybe doing 3x a week for you if you feel you need to ? X

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »

Thanks Annie thanks for that will will maybe do the 3 x week just now and discuss with GP will also maybe get GP to check externally as well as I wouldn't know what to look for  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 08:16:05 PM »

Maybe ask Emma to merge your threads  :-\

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

Yes  ;D