Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh no, here we go again  (Read 3427 times)

Yammy1

Oh no, here we go again
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »

Help, I decided almost two weeks ago to give hrt one last try. I started on Estradot 25mg, didn't feel any different so yesterday upped it to 50mg. I woke this morning to awful anxiety and sweats. I know I've been anxious on and off the last few months but this is sheer panic :'(. Should I remove patch or persevere, please any advice, I just can't go down this road again. Amy time I tried hrt in the past my anxiety went off the scales. Is it normal to feel worse before you get better? I also tried divigel a few months ago and the same thing happened. Could it be that hrt is just not for me?

Butterfly22

Re: Oh no, here we go again
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:55:56 AM »

Hi I've just started a new one and I'm getting anxiety in the morning but it dose pass. Maybe not as bad as you just feel like my heart is going to jump out my chest.
Can you maybe see if it passes ?
Sorry you're not feeling good it's a nightmare isn't it, trying to find something with the least amount of side effects xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:28 AM »

It's a nightmare alright, funny you should mention it but my heart seems to be beating faster and harder too. And this is a symptom I haven't had for a very long time. Im Trying my best to stick with it but if it gets any worse the patch is coming off, so sick of this menopause :'( I've always had low hormone levels, and I had problems conceiving, thankfully I have two beautiful daughters. But my hormone levels never seemed to get high enough when I ovulated so maybe my body just can't cope with the estragon in the patches? Just a thought x
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:05:10 AM by Yammy1 »

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »

I'm with you on that I'm blinking sick to death of it! I had endrometrosis before so hormones have ruled my life.
What other ones have you tried?
It may be worth asking the doctor if that's possible the estrogen being too high.
Xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »

Just the Estradot and divigel,  had hysterectomy five years ago so only need estrogen.im taking patch off, to hell with it, it's too hard, not worth it  :'( :'( :'( :'(

joyce21

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »

Yammy, can i ask, why have you gone on hrt if it makes you feel worse? xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »

I ripped my Femseven patch on ft in the end and said the same, I felt awful on it xxxx

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Hi Joyce I have a lot of meno symptoms and foolishly thought hrt was the answer, but as doc said it's obviously  not for me. I really don't want to go down the ads route so I'm trying to get through the anxiety myself, I have an emergency pill (xanax) for when I get really bad I take half one. I guess i was looking for a miracle cure and thought hrt was it. I know a lot of women swear by it. But I suppose were all different .Butterfly98 suppose we're in the same boat, but my mood has lifted already,

joyce21

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »

Hi Yammy, I'm with you, I keep thinking there must be something, but i can't have hrt, so i have no real choices at all other than to plough on!!! Luckily I don't have "sweats" just flashes, but they don't last long and arn't very often, my worse symptom is anxiety and palps, also I have a lot of problems with stomach and bloating issues, but i'm never 100% sure if it's just the meno, or it's my gall bladder problems and anxiety, omg I even drive myself insane!!! lol xx

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »

Hi Joyce, I too suffer with bloating and stomach issues, sometimes when  list what's wrong with me  I scare myself lol. I have ibs, bowel problems, type two diabetes, hiatus hernia, tinnitus but I could cope with all of these if the blooming anxiety was gone.

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »

Hi Yammy1

Have you still got your ovaries? If your oestrogen levels have dropped and you are getting hot flushes then adding it should help eliminate them. Perhaps in your position it would be better to increase much slower if you are sensitive to the increase (if that was the cause). eg keep the 25 mcg dose for a bit longer and then for the next few weeks increase to 37.5 ( by cutting the patches) and take it from there. I remember other women on here finding a sudden increase more difficult. I imagine it's difficult to know where you are in menopause without your uterus.

Try not to be too despondent and maybe persevere for a bit longer - under two weeks is such a short time!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »

It's awful ain't it. Did you have these symptoms prior to menopause?

Yammy1

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 06:25:43 PM »

have had anxiety on and off for many years, but the last few years have been off the scale. I am going to give myself a break from hrt and see how I get on. I'm really starting to think it's just not for me. I can cope with the flushes, palps and generally feeling tired so if I can get to grips with the anxiety I will be fine. Hurdity I still have ovaries  they were unable remove them.  My hysterectomy was supposed to be done vaginally but when they tried to to do it they were taking my bowel and bladder too due to scar tissue from c sections. I was in a bad way for quite some time, had to be given a few pints of blood as I hemorraged (not sure i spelt that right) with the result I am low in iron and suffer with bowel problems. doc reckons my ovaries have stopped working some time ago. I just want a break from it all x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »

Maybe try some deep breathing ...... it has worked 4 me in the past.  Send me a PM if you want to know how ;-).

Giving your body a break may be beneficial.  Keep a note of how you actually feel so that you can chart a possible pattern. 

I have found that Rescue Remedy mouth spray helps.  Also eating every 3 hours to stop anxiety surges.  As well as regular anti-anxiety medication ........ for years I used Valium, 5mg as necessary helped, I would take 1 the night B4 an event I was unable to get out of and if necessary another mid-morning if it all got too much.  Now I have an emergency pill which either knocks me out so that my whole body gets a rest or relaxes me enough so that I can carry on.

Yammy1

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I Will try the breathing exercises, I went to counseling years ago and he told me I wasn't breathing properly. I need to practice, I too have an emergency pill (Xanax) which I take half when anxiety takes hold. I really don't think hrt is for me but I will definitely keep a mood/food diary and see how I get on x
Pages: [1] 2