Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: The beast  (Read 1114 times)

Sproggy69

The beast
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »

Hello, I'm new here and I'm an Alcoholic.

No, not really, seriously though, it would be easier wouldn't it? Just to stop drinking.

I'm 48 and have been dealing with my body's mutiny for 5 years but didn't get help until 2 months ago when my symptoms were awful and I discovered my kids referred to me as ‘The beast' In secret. (Teenagers, gotta love them)  ;D

My GP put me on Evorel patches and I now have normal blood pressure, my hair stopped falling out, my hot flashes stopped so I can now sleep which means I can concentrate at work and apparently I'm ‘nicer' (yay, sleep does that to you)

I still have no libido though and have had 2 full periods with heavy spotting in between since being on patches making me even less inclined to partake.

Consequently my hubby has a bit of a ‘twitchy' look about him (bless him, ever hopeful even with the slightest move) and I just wonder, does this get better? I did (do?) really enjoy sex so this is sooooo not me!
How do I get it back?
Don't ask me if I have dryness though as I've had a daily tampon habit for 8 weeks and yep, a bit dry when I take them out as it's ‘spotting'. (Had to borrow them off my daughter when it started, how embarrassing)

Oh, is anyone else sporting newly acquired hairy witches moles in what was once just a mole and chin whiskers or am I just the lucky one?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The beast
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 12:05:34 PM »

May I giggle?  You'll fit right in  :D

Browse round.  Make notes.  If the current HRT is easing those symptoms then stick with it?  It can take a while to find something that helps completely and a bleed might well be the lesser of the evils.  As for tampons, I wouldn't use them if a panty liner would be protection enough.  Because tampons can cause intense itchiness high up.

Do read the threads on vaginal atrophy (My Bladder etc.) and others.  It's a common topic here.  Sadly  :-\

Have a look at the thread 'My Chin' was well as 'The Strange Woman' thread ;-)

:welcomemm:

Sproggy69

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

I read the strange woman  :D
She gets around doesn't she? Mine has similar traits.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:39:06 PM »

Yep.  She feeds on when I am feeling low  :-\ - then mis-places my reading glasses, forgets who I'm talking to, doesn't remind me what I have gone upstairs for ........

:drunk: