Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause  (Read 3339 times)

Jolew

Perimenopause
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »

Hi everyone
I thought i'd introduce myself, I'm 44, 45 in December, my periods were always so regular but over the last few years they haven't been as regular and not as heavy,  the last 2 months they have  been 39 days apart this month over 50 days, and not at all heavy, since the late period I have also had some brown discharge I understand this is the body's way of removing old blood,it is 12 days since my LAST period I have had cramp over the weekend and last night when I went to the loo I was bleeding   I think i am having another period, has anyone else experienced this,is have got myself worried sick, 
Thank you ladies x

Hurdity

Re: Perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »

Hi Jolew

:welcomemm:

Try not to worry - all sorts of bleeding happens during peri-menopause as you may well read on here. Bleeding that happens so soon after the last period is usual anovulatory - ie no ovulation and sometimes due to the lining shedding itself or sometimes happens when oestrogen levels drop just after ovulation, at mid cycle.

Here is an article about peri-menopause which you might like to read but if there is anything that concerns you especially do contact your doctor eg if the pain is very severe or the bleeding very heavy.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

If there is anything else we can help with do ask - but in the meantime read as much information about menopause as you can on the main website (top pale green banner). :)

Hurdity x

Roseneath

Re: Perimenopause
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:10 AM »

Hi your post caught my eye as this was me 18 months ago. My cycles changed (24/26/31/24 you name it!) and I started to get brown gunk / stringly mucus mid cycle (see my post Brown gunk!) so it felt like my period went on for ages as I would get it day 12-15 ish.   I have spent a year worrying about this whilst numerous GPs tell me it is just peri and my body  adapting . It is worth going to the GP who will probably do a few checks (repeat smear / cervix scope / ultra sound). Sometimes things like cycts or fibroids can cause this but usually it is just part of cycle changes some women get in peri. Sometimes I get quite a bit of gunk for 4-5 days and some months just a few days in the morning usually after I poo. Last month I had 3 weeks of no discharge whatsoever. So please try not to worry as I wish someone has told me that 18 months ago! We are all so unprepared for all these changes and you feel like you are the only one experiencing them. I have had no flushes or missed periods which I thought was a common sign.