Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 4th Mona Lisa Today 😊  (Read 2284 times)

Maryjane

4th Mona Lisa Today 😊
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

For those following my MLT " journey " ( hate that word however ) had my 4th today. For those that have read my other posts the first was very painful ( as skin so atrophied ) this time 75% less painful.

I didn't  need it internally as its done it's job in there , I have women's health physio and she is amazed internally as she said it's that of a women in her 20s ,very plump , she can glide when she does her internal work , and everything has had a slight lift, there is stretch and bounce internally which has lengthened my pelvic floor , as it was becoming tight and contracted.

Externally it looks very good ( still a patchwork quilt from scar tissue but it has elasticity to it ) , the scars had more zapping today as did the vestibule, and down to the anus following the scars , as I have them left , right and central line to the anus 😳.

TMLT has enabled the local oestrogen to work far more efficiently now the collegian has been restored , so I still have the estring in and externally I rub estriol cream into the scar tissue and vestibule , introitus twice aday ( my normal gynae and MLT gynae say this is absolutely fine).

It has tightened the entrance up slightly , but as it has bounce and stretch back then that's fine.

I can have sex now ( gently steady eddy ) but I'm not in agony afterwards.

It's proving very successful treatment for Lichen Scerlosis , sceladerma , and some other vulva skin conditions NOT Lichen Planus, for ladies after chemo it's also helping many hugely.

I will have a 5th in 6 weeks , and from then on it will be one zapping every year to eighteen months.

Obviously this is my experience, I had come to the end of the road re VA....and if tempted do,your own research , I am happy to say who I see if you message me ( although if you search it's somewhere 😉 ) , she is cheaper than many ( although still a lot of money ) but shrowds don't have pockets.

I am NOT cured I am managed , also a tip maybe ( non medical disclaimer etc etc ) the skin between my inner / outer labia can really itch .....manuka honey 10+ has stopped it dead , been using it for three weeks , told MLT gynae today and she said makes perfect sense.

Also I have started a secret vaginal atrophy face book page , it can't be found ......so anyone who wants to join message me.

I just put up all the info I can find re VA , it's very new ( only about 25 ) as don't want to clog up here , and for those ladies who prefer FB. 😊 There's also a video on there and two other groups of me talking about my VA journey , which has been well received.

So see if the treatment can sort out the last bits and see what I am left with , regards nerve damage.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:27:09 PM by Maryjane »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 4th Mona Lisa Today 😊
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »

Honey of any type should help  ;)

Tnks for the update  :foryou:

peri

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

Your journey is fascinating Maryjane and so worth knowing.  Thanks for sharing it with us x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »

Thanks for the update Maryjane - so glad to hear that the treatment seems to be working. Let's hope it becomes available on NHS eventually? Don't worry about clogging things up on the forum - this is read by hundreds if not thousands of women so anything you share or any info will be read by a very wide audience and I'm sure you have lots of "followers"! Some may not want to be part of an FB page even though secret because you have to be on there with your own personal identity and you might suddenly see people you know (!) or perhaps have exchanged first names with - so prefer the anonymity of this forum.

I too have lots of scars from multiple births, but fortunately VA seems to be under control and not painful.

Good luck with it all and look forward to hearing how everything progresses :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »

I think that honey has those properties anyway.  Also there is a thought - off to start another thread  ;D

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »

Well done MJ - I am  always pleased to hear that your VA struggle gets a little easier

💙💙Ss x

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

It is good to hear it is going so well  :)

Are there any downsides (apart from cost and having to get it done every year/18months)?

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:30 PM »

No downsides so far , the setting up process obviously takes a while as I will need 5 , but thereafter just one zap every 18 months so will be fine.

Kkay

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »

MaryJane, I just saw this now after pm'ing you earlier to ask how you were getting on. I am so very glad; this is excellent news.

jessieblue

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »

I have just caught up with this journey Maryjane.  I am so pleased it has worked so well for you and hope the improvement continues.  I am really thinking about going ahead with this treatment as want to keep my bits in as good order as possible.  I also want to still have an intimate life too.  Can you tell me how painful it is and how long after each treatment are you uncomfortable?  I am anxious about any medical procedures so trying to be prepared for whether I can cope. I would love to join the facebook group too. xx