Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Brain Fog  (Read 2575 times)

Denise1955

Brain Fog
« on: September 19, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »

Hi all. Please can anyone help. I have been going through menopause for 14 years. In the past few months I've experienced worse symptoms than ever. But the worst is Brain Fog. I sit at my desk looking at my work and I go blank. My supervisor has noticed that my productivity has dropped. It is really worrying. I've never had this before. Obviously this is now affecting my moods as my confidence has dropped and I'm worried I could lose my job

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Snoooze

Re: Brain Fog
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »

How strange, I was thinking of starting a thread about my brain fog as waking up this morning I couldn't even think what day it was! I have found the brain fog difficult but it seems to come and go. It is worrying as you think you're going mad but then you read about other women suffering with it during meno, so it's reassuring.

I keep making mistakes at work as well or not remembering things, the other day I couldn't think of the name of someone i work with when I was introducing her to someone, it's really embarrassing!

Could you speak to your Supervisor and explain it's a symptom of meno? I have told my younger boss it's down to peri menopause but I think it goes over her head but she's never pulled me up on any of my mistakes, so I'm glad about that but I can understand how it knocks your confidence.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:35:57 PM »

It's one of the botherations of The Change  :-\.  I can't think of words  ....... don't know what day it might be .......... have to tick the calendar or I can't remember what I've done .........

Denise1955

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »

Oh wow. But I've gone 14 years without this problem. Suddenly it's hit me, together with skin problems, sleep problems etc. But this is the worst symptom as I'm on probation still in my job. I've always been bad with names though lol. Mine seems to just be at work.
Do you take anything to help?

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 03:50:35 PM »

Oh dear Denise...14 years. I've been in peri 3 years and that's bad enough. I'm not looking forward to another 11 years of this!

I do notice the brain fog is worse when I'm tired, so I try to get a good nights sleep but last night was no good. I kept having weird dreams (also a symptom I have developed in peri) and waking up with racing heart.

Maybe as you're on probation, you're sub consciously anxious about getting everything right and so it's causing the memory problems? I wonder if when you pass your probation you will feel more relaxed and the brain fog may lift a little?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »

Hi Denise1955 - can you tell us whereabouts in menopause you are? You say 14 years but is this 14 years since last period and how old are you? Have you taken HRT and if so which and when? I get brain fog on the progesterone part of my HRT but otherwise all clear ( well as much as it can be for woman in mid 60's) usually. Sometimes wake up fuzzy with stiff neck but probably due to sleeping position and sleeping deeply in my case. When I get migraines I get brain fog for 3 days. If it is affecting your confidence at work then depending on your answers to the Qs above we might have some suggestions.

Whatever happens getting out in the fresh air for a good brisk walk always does wonders for me so if you can fit this in regularly I am sure it might help?

Hurdity x