Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So Confused  (Read 2708 times)

Tooyoung

So Confused
« on: September 16, 2017, 05:41:25 PM »

Hi.
I started the menopause at 28, i came off HRT 2 years ago due to them stopping my HRT. I have learnt to cope with the hot flushes, mood swings, tiredness etc again but the dryness, foggy head and feeling dull are driving me mad.  My doctor thinks I should go back on HRT.  I am so torn. Is it a good idea or not?
Any help with advice on anything would be great.  What do I take, is it safe, is it dangerous being only 45 and not being on it. So confused. !!

Thanks x :'(

Butterfly22

Re: So Confused
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »

Hi sorry your going through this, I'm in a similar situation, I started at 25 and I'm 43 now. Why did they take you off it? I was told I must take it until I'm at least 55 for my bones, tissue ect. Xxx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

Hi Tooyoung - you are in the right place!

It can be confusing! Up to the usual age of meno, which is 50/51 years of age, you can use HRT without risk. This is because you are replacing what should have been yours naturally. Most women in your position are prescribed HRT up to that age and then may be asked to stop it for a while to see whether they do suffer any meno symptoms and then are prescribed it again if they feel they  need it.

At your age HRT will help your future heart and bone health and, I believe, it is important you should begin HRT again as advised by your doctor. This is the advice from the green menu at the top of the page under Menopause then Premature Menopause Management. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pm-management.php

Someone else will be along soon with their own advice and to welcome you.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tooyoung

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:39:07 PM »

Hi Lil22. I came off it as they stopped making the HRT i was on. I had tried about 7 before that one and its the only one that suited me.  I am not sure whether to try tablets again or patches.I think I should still be on it too, I ache so badly at the moment and don't sleep because of pain in my hips and shoulder.

Tooyoung

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »

Hi Taz2
Thank you for your advice.  It is really a mine field. never know who to believe and what to think.  Its all quite mind boggling

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »

I was on one for ten years and it was discontinued so spent 4 years looking for a new one, I got settled on premique then that was discontinued early this year so trying to find another.
Do you have bone scans? My last one showed ostoprina so it's quite important I'm on one like Taz said your not adding anything your just replacing what your natural body doesn't.
There is plenty to look at I no a lot of ladies find the gel and ustrogen help. Xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 07:05:30 PM »

No reason for mine, I had my daughter had a period none stop for 7 months then went into the menopause and got ME to xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »

Hi Tooyoung

:welcomemm: from me too.

I can't really add anything to what's been said except to agree that you should not have been taken off it at your young age. Can you remember which types you have been on and which was the one that suited you? You are still young enough for the contraceptive pill (not POP) as well which will give you a good dose of oestrogen or you could have  Mirena coil fitted and add oestrogen patches or gel ( or tablets if you prefer).

Hurdity x

Tooyoung

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

Hi Lil22

No i have had no bone scans or anything, it has taken me years of fighting to get an appointment with a gene.  Fingers crossed some one might finally listen to me.

Tooyoung

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 09:09:01 PM »

Hi Analee.

I had a very long and stressful birth of my daughter.  I was given copious amounts of drugs as she was distressed, within a few months, I had no taste buds, not much se of my legs, a lumpectomy and then followed by the early menopause which my doctor would not agree with so no help for the first 2 years so I ended up having horrendous depression. been a rough ride.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »

Who has stopped the HRT?

I would ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.  Browse round here and do look at the Daisy web-site, details on the green banner along the top. 

How is your depression now?  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary and have a chat with your Practice Nurse for advice?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

:wub:  I does my best tha' knows ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »

Tubby and cuddly according to Himself, however, I digress  :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 09:30:31 PM »

I don't often copy Links but these might help?

Daisy network: www.daisynetwork.org.uk

Infertility Network UK: www.infertilitynetworkuk.com

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »

You sound just like me too young!i was lucky in labour but was on a 7 month period afterwards, they tried the pill and everything to stop it, in the end the gyno said "it was just afterbirth left in" so had to go in for a d&c then that's when it all went crazy and meno started at 25.xx
I don't understand why the doctor took you off hrt and your not getting help xx
Annlee I have been on hrt for 18 years xx
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:39:02 PM by Lil22 »
Pages: [1] 2