Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Poo question, sorry 😳😳!!  (Read 10850 times)

Annie0710

Re: Poo question, sorry 😳😳!!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »

I think gut parasites can be reasonably common here in U.K.  I know the b12 forum have discussed them quite regularly (no pun intended lol)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »

Also - if we can talk about periods, menopause, bowels shouldn't be a problem to discuss: as Lynn told us years ago, the English don't talk about bowels enough!!!  After all, aren't we are all anonymus on here  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »

I was told about Giardiasis when my children were young thirty years ago now and using the "baby pool" at the local swimming pool as it can't be killed by chlorine. I hope I don't get it as I can't have the two antibiotics used to treat it. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Giardiasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

F in L lived with his gut invader for over 30 years  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 07:14:54 PM »

Also - if we can talk about periods, menopause, bowels shouldn't be a problem to discuss: as Lynn told us years ago, the English don't talk about bowels enough!!!  After all, aren't we are all anonymus on here  :-\

CLKD ... I was talking about me - what I feel - not what should or should not be a problem to you or anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I say I'm not sure I want to talk about stuff on the forum (but then I did anyway  ::)) then that's what I mean. OK?!!!!!!  ;D

Thanks for the info about Guardiasis Analee - the info on NHS website must be out of date then as it indicated it was not really a problem in UK (maybe where you are from though?) - will hopefully never need it.  The fact that it isn't publicised much means it is still not really a big issue here though  :-\ . That's interesting Taz.

Oh dear we're going off topic and I'm perpetuating it - hope your gut is behaving itself today KAH!!!!

Hurdity x

KAH

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »

CLKD ... I was talking about me - what I feel - not what should or should not be a problem to you or anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I say I'm not sure I want to talk about stuff on the forum (but then I did anyway  ::)) then that's what I mean. OK?!!!!!!  ;D

Thanks for the info about Guardiasis Analee - the info on NHS website must be out of date then as it indicated it was not really a problem in UK (maybe where you are from though?) - will hopefully never need it.  The fact that it isn't publicised much means it is still not really a big issue here though  :-\ . That's interesting Taz.

Oh dear we're going off topic and I'm perpetuating it - hope your gut is behaving itself today KAH!!!!

Hurdity x

Thanks Hurdity. It's not been great but I'm desperately trying not to dwell on every twinge. I guess things will take a time to settle, especially after being so anxious for so long! Thanks for thinking of me x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »

Why did you feel the need to draw attention to yourself Hurdity  - after all, aren't we anonymous here and did *I* name anyone  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »

It's a delicate subject for some and not everyone on here is anonymous. I think that as Hurdity was the only person to mention that she didn't usually discuss the content of her stools on an open forum it did seem that your post was directed at her but you are right in that we shouldn't feel as embarrassed as the English often are to discuss bowels and poo.

Now back to poo. Mine look much healthier now we've had the ancient avocado loo replaced with a white one  ;D

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 06:35:08 AM »

Why do we get so embarrassed? I had an accident a couple of weeks ago, out of the blue ( to quote Billy Connelly, never trust a fart!) which really upset me. Fortunately, I was wearing a pad, but I was upset and my son drove me back to sort myself out. His reaction, as a paramedic and primary carer of his 2 year old, said," For goodness sake, Mum, it's only a poo!"

On a note about loos, I prefer American ones. More space to see that the stool was a healthy shape and efficient flush, eliminating all evidence, not like the so called water efficient flushes our loos give, needing more than one flush and still leaving skid marks! TMI  ;D I remember avocado bathroom suites. My parents had one. Yuck! Enough to put you off your morning contemplations! ??? Today we have the choice of white, white or even white! Years ago we had a pleasant creamy shade, named rather nicely as champagne.

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »

Coloured suites are coming back! Maybe you can find a Champagne one?  ;D

Taz x 😊

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »

So who isn't anonymous then?  that's the point of a Forum surely ..........  :-\ 

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »

It's surprising what can be found out about members from what they post. I don't mean in a stalkerish way but you might recommend this forum to a friend and it's relatively easy for them to spot you.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »

That's why I never recommend ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »

That's why I never recommend ;-)

It's a shame though if you have a few friends who are suffering and you know that the forum would help them. I also find that mine have been recommended by doctors - especially local friends who use the same surgery.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »

Friends - all are through and out the other side or much younger and don't want to even think about it  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4